BEDFORD, MA, September 11, 2012 – Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), a Microsoft Silver Certified partner and the leader in session delivery networks, today announced new solutions and promotional pricing for its Net-Net Enterprise Session Director solutions for Microsoft Lync. These new solutions significantly simplify the deployment of Microsoft Lync enterprise voice capabilities and make enterprise communication networks more resilient and easier to manage. The new solutions combine session border control, session management, and trunk-side application server functions into a single offering that accelerates the process of piloting and deploying Lync enterprise voice capabilities.
- Acme Packet’s new solutions feature a pilot deployment offering based on virtual machine technology, which enables rapid, cost-effective testing and smooth upgrades to medium and large-scale production configurations.
- Acme Packet’s new solutions and promotional pricing are available in three capacity tiers:
- Pilot test programs
- Mid-sized enterprises
- Large enterprises
- The new solutions feature the industry’s leading E-SBC, the Net-Net Enterprise Session Director, which simplifies network connectivity by protecting and controlling real-time communications between the enterprise and service provider SIP trunk. The solutions’ session management functions cure interoperability problems in multivendor networks. The application server integrates communications-rich business applications into Lync trunk connections.
- The new solutions, promotional pricing, and virtual machine option make it easier for Acme Packet partners and resellers to order, deploy, and install Lync enterprise voice capabilities.
- Optimized dial plan management and routing using Microsoft Active Directory
- Load balancing to optimize utilization across multiple Lync mediation servers and trunks
- Lync media bypass support and hardware-based media processing to offload Lync Mediation servers for optimal deployments
- Trunk-side Web service APIs to deliver communication-enabled business processes and new call termination options
- Microsoft Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program qualification
"Acme Packet has played an important role in accelerating the deployment of Microsoft Lync by solving interoperability challenges with SIP trunk services," said Laura Howard, Senior Director of Microsoft. "Acme Packet’s new, vendor-neutral solutions provide large enterprises with a complete solution that accelerates piloting and deployment of feature-rich Lync enterprise voice and simplifies migration from legacy telephony environments."
"Microsoft Lync can increase user productivity while decreasing communication costs, but multivendor complexity has put a heavy burden on the IT department to smoothly migrate from legacy equipment to Lync." said Dino Di Palma, chief operating officer, Acme Packet. "With Acme Packet’s Net-Net Enterprise Session Director, companies can dramatically simplify the combined network while protecting legacy investments and delivering next-generation services to their employees."
More about Acme Packet and Microsoft Lync:
- Additional resources for Acme Packet’s solutions for Microsoft Lync
- New York City Event: Accelerate Lync Deployments with Session Border Controllers and Session Management – 9/27, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm – register
- Acme Packet Session Management Solutions for Microsoft Lync Simplify Enterprise Communications Networks, March 2012
More about Acme Packet:
Acme Packet, APKT, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft, unified communications, UC, voice over IP, VoIP, SIP, SIP trunking, session initiation protocol
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (NASDAQ: APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 220 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,600 customers in 107 countries have deployed over 16,000 Acme Packet systems, including 88 of the top 100 service providers and 41 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.
Acme Packet, Inc. Safe Harbor Statement