Turkey's National Airline Transforms Global Network With Juniper Networks Integrated Portfolio of Software, Switching, Security and Routing Products
LONDON--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Turkish Airlines, Turkey's national airline with over 200 global locations, has upgraded its global network and standardized on Juniper Networks' integrated portfolio of software, switching, security and routing products. Turkish Airlines' new network has simplified and centralized the airline's infrastructure, delivering an estimated cost savings of approximately $9.5 million in five years in employee resources, $6 million in telecommunication costs and $3.1 million in support services.
Turkish Airlines switched from a legacy fixed-line distributed network to Juniper's high-performance network infrastructure that provides simplified, centralized and secure remote management of its 300 sales offices around the world and support for its voice and data applications including reservations and ticket sales. The airline also consolidated all of its distributed servers into a centralized single server farm located at its headquarters in Istanbul, enabling the airline to standardize its systems, increase its bandwidth and simplify the management of its remote services.
- Standardizing on an end-to-end Juniper Networks solution gives Turkish Airlines simple and secure access to business-critical information and collaboration, and provides coordinated security, performance at scale and an automated, highly available service.
- Turkish Airlines migrated all of its lines including voice, data and Internet connections to ADSL and VDSL broadband with 3G backup using Juniper Networks® SRX Series Services Gateways, EX Series Ethernet Switches and the CX111 Cellular Broadband Data Bridge.
- The Juniper Networks SRX Series high-performance, carrier grade secure gateways consolidate security, routing, and switching into a single platform, helping Turkish Airlines reduce cost, complexity and risk.
- Juniper Networks equipment running on the Junos® operating system across the backbone of its network infrastructure is expected to enable Turkish Airlines to reduce network complexity, lower its operating costs and plan new projects easier and faster.
"Standardizing on an integrated Juniper-based network infrastructure has enabled us to simplify our operations radically and reduce costs while improving security, performance and scalability. We expect to save over $18 million over the next five years as a result of lower telecom, maintenance and support costs."
- Adnan Metin, Head of IT, Turkish Airlines
"To survive in the competitive global airline industry, large carriers like Turkish Airlines must ensure that their customers experience a high level of service reliability from their sales organizations. A flexible, secure and scalable network contributes to that goal by enabling the airline to deploy new customer service projects faster and with reduced complexity. Juniper is pleased to contribute to Turkish Airlines' profitability and to enable better service delivery."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.