New Sonus Mid-Sized Session Border Controller Field Tested by Customers and Partners for Use by Enterprises and Tier 2/3 Service Providers
- Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller (SBC) has been field proven by customers and partners, who lauded the product's performance, ease of use and out-of-box experience including: West Corporation, Arrow S3 and inetwork.
- Sonus SBC 5100, now generally available to service providers and enterprises, targets the 250 to 10,000 session market; ideal for medium to large enterprises and tier two/three service providers.
- Sonus SBC 5100 is purpose-built to help enterprises and regional service providers take advantage of SIP trunking and SIP-based, Cloud-ready Unified Communications - trends that are driving mid-sized SBC market growth of 26% year-over-year.
Sonus Networks (NASDAQ: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that the Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller (SBC), orderable on a limited basis since May 22, 2012, is now generally available to service providers and enterprises.
As the most recent addition to the Sonus SBC portfolio, the Sonus SBC 5100 is purpose-built to leverage SIP-based networks as enterprises and tier two/three service providers look to simplify their infrastructure and deploy new applications such as video and Unified Communications.
SBCs provide secure access to SIP trunking, which enables enterprises to reduce costs and deliver new feature-rich SIP-based applications that can improve enterprise productivity. SIP trunking, trunking consolidation and the move to VoIP can reduce traditional enterprise telecom bills by up to 75%. Further, an April 2012 study conducted by Webtorials for Sonus revealed that a SIP-based Unified Communications infrastructure can reclaim up to 23% of the productivity lost on inefficient communications in large enterprises. A recent Infonetics Research report shows the enterprise SBC market up 60% from 2010 to 2011 and expected to grow 26% year-over-year through 2016.
Targeted at the 250 to 10,000 session market, the Sonus SBC 5100 is ideal for medium to large enterprises and tier two/three service providers and has been field proven with several key customers and partners including West Corporation, Arrow S3 and inetwork. These users have benefited from the simple to use and deploy features of the Sonus SBC 5100 that includes a new graphical user interface for an improved out-of-box experience.
- "Sonus' Session Border Controller SBC 5100 provides SIP interworking, media transcoding and SIP trunking termination services for enterprises and service providers," said Jason Groenjes, Director of Enterprise Architecture, West Corporation. "We have found that this product provides excellent features and scalability. This SBC provides the flexibility of either standalone operation, or in our case, centralized routing intelligence that will allow us to manage our network more efficiently, implement with greater agility and help reduce operational overhead. With Sonus, we are able to quickly activate new inter-connections which drive greater customer satisfaction and faster revenue generation."
- "Our field experience with the Sonus SBC 5100 has affirmed that the product is easy to use as the entire out-of-box experience was highly intuitive, from the e-learning modules to the graphical interface," said Chas Frazier, Vice President, Support Services, Arrow S3. "As our customers strive to realize the transformative business benefits of moving to SIP we are confident that they will find the Sonus SBC 5100 easy to use and manage while providing them with the scale and capability to grow."
- "We pride ourselves on providing signature support to our customers," said Mary Tuten, Senior Vice President of Operations for inetwork. "The Sonus SBC 5100 gives us great new tools like Universal PXPAD, Media Capture and Platform Manager, helping us better support our customers' needs from regulatory compliance and reporting."
- Sonus is the fastest-growing SBC vendor for 2011 according to research firm Infonetics ("Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers," 4Q11 report); growing almost 4x faster than the market average.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 received TMC's "2010 Communications Solutions Product of the Year" award and the INTERNET TELEPHONY and Next Gen Mobility "2012 NGN Leadership" award.
- Sonus counts several Fortune 500 enterprises among its SBC customers, including some of the world's largest banks, airlines, retailers and healthcare providers.
- A SIP-based Unified Communications infrastructure can reclaim 23% of the productivity lost on inefficient communications in large enterprises or 1.21 hours per employee per day as noted in the ‘2012 Economic Impact of SIP in the Enterprise' State of the Market report by Sonus and Webtorials
- Nearly one in three enterprises have deployed SIP trunking with an average cost savings of approximately 33% as revealed in a recent independent study conducted by Webtorials Editorial and Analyst Division, the "2012 SIP Trunking State-of-the-Market Report."
- Sonus recently published the first-edition of the Session Border Controllers for Dummies reference book in partnership with John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Download a complimentary copy here.
- Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
- Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
- Sonus SBC 9000 Session Border Controller: Product information and resources
Sonus, SONS, SBC, Sonus SBC 5100, Sonus SBC 5200, Sonus SBC 9000, session border controller, SIP, SIP trunking, IP, IPsec, media transcoding, IPv6 interworking, enterprise SBC, IT priorities, IT cost savings, Unified Communications, UC, Cloud VoIP communications, session management, employee productivity, enterprise communications, SIP-based solutions, VoIP
Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
Sonus is a registered trademark of Sonus Networks, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.