Manchester NH (August 9, 2012) – More New Hampshire residents can quickly e-mail photos, download music and surf the Internet now that FairPoint Communications has expanded broadband service to approximately 1,345 homes and businesses throughout Campton, Deerfield, Epsom, Fitzwilliam, Gilford, Hancock, Littleton, Lyman, Plymouth, Pittsfield, and Rumney.
Since April 2008, FairPoint has invested more than $182 million in the communications infrastructure and technology to bring broadband to northern New England, including building over 3,100 miles of new fiber across the region. FairPoint’s new fiber-based, high capacity network offers customers a better, faster way to communicate.
“Broadband access opens doors to the world for the residents and businesses in New Hampshire and is fundamental to the state’s future economic growth,” said Pat McHugh, FairPoint’s New Hampshire state president. “Our employees are working every day to build more broadband across the state. We are pleased to announce we have expanded the availability of high-speed Internet to these additional homes and businesses across New Hampshire.”�
This expansion is part of FairPoint’s plan to increase broadband access to 95 percent of its service areas in New Hampshire.
FairPoint has expanded broadband service to more than 235 homes and businesses in the town of Gilford. High-speed connection areas include portions of the following streets/roads in Gilford: Cumberland, Dinsmoor Point, Highland, Hook, Jay, Lake Shore, Larch, Samoset and Terrace Hill.
FairPoint high-speed Internet is available for the first time to 210 eligible customers living on the following streets/roads in the areas of Littleton and Lyman:
- Littleton: Allen, Andy’s, Cove, Foster Hill, Gannon, Herrick Point, Monroe, Moore, North Skinny Ridge, Old Partridge Lake, Partridge Lake, Poulsen’s Point, St. Johnsbury and William’s.
- Lyman: Hurd Hill, Skinny Ridge and Water’s.
FairPoint has expanded broadband service to homes and businesses in the following communities:
- Pittsfield & Epsom: more than 170 homes and businesses on the following streets/roads: Pittsfield – Berry, Catamount, Dowboro, Governor’s, Hill’s, Johnson, Prescott, Tan, Thompson and Webster Mill’s. Epsom – Barton, Chestnut Pond, Lake View, Locke’s Hill, New Orchard and North.
- Campton: more than 160 homes and businesses. High-speed connection areas include portions of the following streets/roads in Campton: Alden, Antler, Arndt, Batchelder, Chandler, Cook Hill, Ellsworth Hill, Ellsworth Pond, Glade, Loft, Mason, Mespelli, Orchard, Puckerbrush, Quimby and Taylor.
- Rumney: more than 160 homes and businesses on the following streets/roads: Anderson, Camp, Cross, Doe Town, Fletcher, Grimes, Hawthorne, Kittredge, Lodge, Loop, Main, Ranch, Shore, Stewart and Stinson Lake.
- Deerfield: 125 homes and businesses on the following streets/roads: Bliss, Birch, Brown, Companion, Cotton, Country, Danielle, Destiny, Harmony, Homestead, McCarron, Middle, North, Pinecrest, Prospect, Raymond, Range, Reservation, Stage and Tandy.
- Fitzwilliam: more than 120 homes and businesses on the following streets/roads:� Abbey, Blue Heron, Fish Rock, Holman, Karl, Lake, NH Route 19, Old Troy, Prospect Hill, Putney, Rhododendron, Sandy Beach, Sunrise, Westminster and Whitetail.
- Hancock: 100 homes and businesses along the following streets/roads: Cumberland, Dinsmoor Point, Highland, Hook, Jay, Lake Shore, Larch, Samoset and Terrace Hill.
- Plymouth: 65 homes and businesses along the following streets/roads: Birch, Cottage, Cummin’s Hill, Daniel Webster, Hemlock, Highland, Maple, Marjorie, Pine, Ridgewood, River and Tamarac.
To find out if you are eligible for FairPoint’s high-speed Internet and to obtain information about prices and bundled plans, residential consumers can call 1-866-984-2001 or visit www.FairPoint.com.
FairPoint Communications, Inc. (NasdaqCM: FRP) is a leading communications provider of Broadband Internet access, local and long-distance phone, television and other Broadband services to customers in communities across 18 states. Through its fast, reliable network, FairPoint delivers affordable data and voice networking communications solutions to residential, business and wholesale customers. FairPoint delivers VantagePointSM services through its resilient IP-based network in northern New England. This state-of-the-art network provides Ethernet connections that support video conferencing, e-learning and other broadband based applications. Additional information about FairPoint products and services is available at www.FairPoint.com. You can also connect with FairPoint on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/myfairpoint) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/myfairpoint).