Telecom Ramblings

PR Archives:  LatestBy Company By Date


Press Release -- August 1st, 2012
Source: Cbeyond
Tags:

Cbeyond Recognized for Positive Impact on Small Businesses

ATLANTA, Aug. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cbeyond Inc. (NASDAQ:CBEY, news, filings) ("Cbeyond"), the technology ally for more than 60,000 small and mid-sized businesses, today announced it has been nominated for Small Business Trends and Small Business Technology's annual "Small Business Influencer" awards for the second consecutive year. The program recognizes the organizations, applications and leaders that have made the greatest impact on the North American small business market.

Cbeyond is nominated as an influencer in the "Corporations" category due to its ongoing history of innovating technology solutions for small businesses. In 1999, the company engineered the first Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network built exclusively for small businesses. Today, Cbeyond connects businesses to voice, data and cloud applications over its high-capacity enterprise network. Additionally, the company has deep roots in its communities. Cbeyond employees have donated more than 60,000 volunteer hours of service and the company supports a variety of organizations with its technology expertise.

The final list of the Small Business Influencers 100 Champions will be announced in late August. Winners are selected by a combination of input from an expert judging panel and online voting from the small business community. The 10-judge panel, consisting of small business entrepreneurs, experts and media, will review each nominee's contributions to the small business landscape and their votes will account for 60 percent of the deciding vote. The remaining 40 percent consists of online votes for each candidate cast on the program's website.

"Being nominated for the Small Business Influencer award gets to the heart of our desire to be a technology ally for our customers," said Jim Geiger, president and CEO of Cbeyond. "We have a 12-year track record of making technology simple, affordable and reliable for small businesses. Today, our solutions help customers shift the burden of outlaying capital and manpower to us so they can focus on daily operations."

The small business community can vote for Cbeyond once per IP address per day through August 5, 2012, when online voting concludes. To cast a vote, visit http://influencers.smallbiztrends.com/small-business-vendors-2012/cbeyond-2/.

For more information about Cbeyond's suite of small and medium sized business IT and communication solutions, visit www.cbeyond.net. To view a social media version of this press release, click here.

About Cbeyond

Cbeyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBEY) is the technology ally for small and mid-sized business. Our private, proactively-managed IP network connects customers to voice, data and enterprise applications hosted in our award-winning cloud data centers. Since 1999, Cbeyond has served the unmet needs of businesses through technology and service innovation. We were the first company to build an IP network specifically for small businesses and among the few to offer sales and service professionals onsite. Today, our expanded portfolio helps customers reduce the burden of outlaying capital and manpower to manage infrastructure. Creating an exceptional customer experience is in our DNA. It's why more than a third of our 60,000+ customers come from referrals. For more information on Cbeyond, visit www.cbeyond.net and follow Cbeyond on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Cbeyondinc.

CONTACT: Tara Adams

         (858) 952-5010

         tara.adams@cbeyond.net

PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date