Millions of Smartphone Users to Benefit From Cloud-Based Anti-Virus, Anti-Theft, Back-Up and Parental Control Features Now Available on Major Mobile Device Brands
LONDON and SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 11, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Telefónica Digital has selected Juniper Networks® Junos® Pulse Mobile Security Suite to create a branded mobile security service for its consumer customer base across Europe.
- Telefónica's initial European rollout will focus on the British, German and Spanish markets, but it expects to extend to other markets in later phases.
- Telefónica's new mobile security service will provide a comprehensive range of features including anti-virus, anti-spyware, data back-up, remote lock-and-wipe, device locate and parental controls.
- Telefónica will offer Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite under its own brand names, with cloud-based software service management hosted by Juniper Networks.
- This approach enables Telefónica to rapidly deploy and deliver new services across new markets while avoiding major upfront capital investment in equipment.
- The solution is supported by Juniper Networks' Mobile Threat Center, which is dedicated to 24x7 global monitoring and mitigation of emerging and evolving malware threats to mobile operating systems and applications.
"Smartphones are now ubiquitous, with many customers using them to store sensitive personal data and access not only messaging and social networks but also key applications such as online banking, and to remotely connect to corporate networks. We consider the provisioning of reliable, intelligent and easy-to-use protection as a key differentiator, and a real enabler of the mobile revolution. Juniper Networks Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite is unique in its ability to provide pervasive protection at the hand-held device level against emerging malware, device and data loss/theft, as well as enable child safety and parental control. It enables Telefónica to provide a homogenous, cost-effective service that supports numerous devices for the mass market helping us better protect our customers and our network."
- Jose Perdomo, managing director, Security and eHealth Area, Telefónica Digital
"In addition to raising customer satisfaction and delivering peace of mind, the Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite solution will also help reduce Telefónica's customer support costs significantly by eliminating many issues caused by viruses, lost devices and data, and other threats. Telefónica customers using the Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite will be able to secure their high-value mobile services and applications, while protecting vital, sensitive data from risk."
- Sanjay Beri, vice president and general manager, Junos Pulse Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Video: About the Juniper Networks 2011 Mobile Threats Report
- Video: How to Protect Your Mobile Life
- Infographic and Blog Post: Juniper Mobile Security Report 2011 - Unprecedented Mobile Threat Growth
- Blog Post: Protecting Corporate and Personal Information From New Attacks on Mobile Devices
- Information on Juniper Networks Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite
About Juniper Networks Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at www.juniper.net or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' future products are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including unanticipated delays in scheduled product availability and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date set forth at the beginning of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this press release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.