FCC Chairman to visit three rural properties with recent or upcoming broadband turn ups
Federal Communications Chairman Julius Genachowski will join Maggie Wilderotter, Frontier Communications Chairman and CEO, other Frontier representatives, tribal officials, and other business and community leaders at ribbon cutting events to celebrate expansion of broadband services to several locations in rural California and Nevada and California on Monday, July 30th.
Events will take place inAlpine County, California, andTopaz LakeandDouglas County, Nevada.
ALL EVENTS MONDAY, JULY 30th (times are local, west coast)
9:00 AM Alpine County, CaliforniaWoodfords Fire Department,65 Diamond Valley Road,Markleeville, California 96120
- County with the smallest population inCalifornia— population of 1,175 (2010 census)
- Considered a 100% rural county; no incorporated cities in the county.
- Frontier recently installed and turned up broadband in this previously unserved area.
- TheAlpine Countybroadband project extended high-speed internet service over a 44 square mile area, bringing broadband with speeds up to 6Mbps to 623 households.
- Frontier serves the communities ofMarkleeville, Paynesville, Fredericksburg,Woodfordsand theWoodfords Communitytribal area.
11:10 AM Topaz Lodge, Gardnerville, Nevada1979 Highway 395 S,Gardnerville, Nevada 89410
- The Connect America Fund(CAF) created byFCCreforms will help Frontier provide high-speed Internet access to 423 households that are currently unserved.
12:15 PM Douglas County, NevadaMinden Food Company,1599 Esmeralda Avenue,Minden, Nevada 89423
- Located in the northwestern portion ofNevada— population of 46,997.
- Mostly urban area with theSierra MountainsandLake Tahoebordering the west side and traveling down the entire length of theCarson Valley.
- Frontier's service area covers approximately 729 square miles.
- Frontier is in the process of extending broadband coverage to over 5,700 households inDouglas County.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation(NYSE:FTR, news, filings), is an S&P 500 company and is included in the FORTUNE 500 list of America's largest corporations. Frontier offers broadband, voice, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security solutions, bundled offerings and specialized bundles for residential customers, small businesses and home offices and advanced communications for medium and large businesses in 27 states. Frontier's approximately 15,500 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information is available at www.frontier.com.
Frontier Communications CorporationChristy Reap, 203-614-4703 Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Frontier Communications Corporation
News Provided by Acquire Media