Growing telecommunications provider opens new office location, hires division manager, and broadens enterprise offerings
HOUSTON and DALLAS – July 16, 2012 – Alpheus Communications, a leading provider of Texas metro-regional fiber and networking solutions, today announced that it has expanded its enterprise services portfolio in the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) area and opened a sales office in Dallas. Alpheus has also on-boarded a new division manager, hired 10 experienced telecommunications professionals and launched a suite of enterprise service offerings that support essential business telecommunication functions.
Since 2000, America’s largest telecom carriers have relied on Alpheus’ fiber network to serve their Texas customers, and Alpheus is now offering the same carrier-grade, low-latency services directly to businesses. The strong DFW economy and thriving business community is driving the fast-growing need for high-quality networking solutions in North Texas.
With a fully redundant and resilient core fiber network, Alpheus’ newly added enterprise services includes Metro Ethernet, MPLS, E-LAN and business-class voice services. All Alpheus services provide the performance and uptime guarantee required for mission-critical data, voice and video traffic. Alpheus’ multiple data centers with scalable connectivity to its fiber network and SSAE-16 compliant platform give businesses the secured, scalable and redundant infrastructure for disaster recovery and business continuity applications.
Newly available enterprise network services from Alpheus are geared toward customers looking to connect multiple locations with ease, implement bandwidth-intensive applications and/or streamline the complexity of network management. Alpheus’ expansion in DFW is part of a strategic initiative to solidify its presence in the enterprise market and expand into additional Texas and contiguous markets through organic growth and M&A activity.
In addition to introducing sophisticated networking solutions to DFW businesses, Alpheus has appointed Justin Shively as division manager for the Dallas office. Shively brings to Alpheus extensive telecommunications experience and leadership success in growing sales teams to produce measurable results. Previously, Shively served as branch sales manager at FiberLight, LLC, where he developed the company’s first senior account executive team that targeted enterprise users in the DFW area.
“Justin has a proven track record in our industry, and he will be an extremely valuable asset to Alpheus’ aggressive growth strategy,” said Layne Levine, senior vice president, enterprise and channel sales, for Alpheus Communications. “Not only does Alpheus have the high-quality, high-capacity fiber network and metro reach that businesses are looking for, we are agile and responsive to our customers’ needs. We are a Texas company focused on serving Texas businesses.”
Already, Alpheus delivers connectivity to more than 300 Texas-based central offices and POPs (points-of-presence), and can connect to more than 88,000 buildings with Ethernet services. Businesses in the DFW area can now benefit from a variety of Alpheus services, including:
- Metro Ethernet Services – businesses that have single or multiple locations throughout Texas can have their own private and secure pathway linking their locations via Alpheus’ wholly owned network. Businesses can create a competitive advantage by leveraging Alpheus’ Metro Ethernet services to handle bandwidth-hungry applications, such as videoconferencing, storage networking and cloud-based solutions that enhance communication and collaboration. And, because the Alpheus core network is not over-subscribed, businesses always get the bandwidth and network performance for which they’re paying.
- Regional Long-haul Transport – Alpheus’ fiber optic network covers every major Texas market, including Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley. Nationwide transport services are also available through Alpheus’ carrier partners.
- Dedicated Internet Access – to avoid Internet congestion that occurs when several businesses share Internet access infrastructure, Alpheus offers businesses their own private Internet pathway for reliable, consistent and uninterrupted Internet service.
- Data Center Colocation – Alpheus’ seven data center and colocation facilities are digital fortresses featuring fully redundant infrastructure; state-of-the-art power, cooling and fire suppression systems; robust physical security and scalable connectivity to its world-class regional fiber optic network.
- Business Voice Services – businesses can save money and reduce complexity by bundling Alpheus’ voice and data services because Alpheus owns and manages its network, which means it completely controls quality of service.
About Alpheus Communications
Alpheus Communications (www.alpheuscommunications.com) is a leading provider of Texas metro-regional fiber and networking solutions. With owned facilities in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley, Alpheus is flexible, content-neutral and responsive to customer needs when low-latency and uptime are essential. As the preferred fiber backbone for Metro Texas, Alpheus is in a unique position to support mission-critical information technology functions and cloud computing solutions through resilient SSAE 16-compliant data center platforms for colocation and disaster recovery.
# # #
Jetstream PR for Alpheus Communications
(972) 788-9456 ext. 301