New QFX3000-M Enables Midsize Enterprises to Improve Data Center Scale, Management and Performance
TOKYO, June 14, 2012 – Juniper Networks, the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has won the “Best of Show Grand Prix” in the Data Center and Storage category at Interop Tokyo 2012. The award was given to Juniper Networks® QFX3000-M QFabric™ System, a new model of the company’s QFabric architecture that extends the benefits of network fabrics to the fast growing mid-sized data center market.
The Grand Prix Award was presented to Juniper by a panel of IT industry experts who carried out a rigorous examination of products and solutions exhibited by more than 350 companies at Interop Tokyo 2012. Juniper Networks has received awards every year at Tokyo Interop since 2007.
· With the QFX3000-M solution, mid-sized enterprises benefit from improvements in data center scale, efficiency and performance – the key network attributes needed to meet rising storage convergence, big data and virtualization demands.
· The QFX3000-M is an ideal solution for space-constrained environments as it occupies up to 63 percent less space, uses up to 74 percent fewer cables and consumes up to 57 percent less power than leading competitor solutions.
· As with other QFabric configurations, the QFX3000-M delivers low latency and drastically improves application performance, key for high-performance computing environments where speed is critical.
· Core to the QFX3000-M is a new fixed form-factor Interconnect, the Juniper Networks QFX3600-I, which allows customers to incrementally scale from 48 10GbE ports up to 768 ports. Customers can scale to a QFX3000-G capable of supporting up 6,144 10GbE ports with the same QFabric infrastructure, by simply replacing the interconnect with a QFX3008-I, providing investment protection.
· Juniper Networks has also introduced the QFX3600, a new 10GbE/40 GbE* Node which complements the 10GbE QFX3500 and can be used in both the new QFX3000-M and the larger-scale QFX3000-G QFabric Systems.
“We are honored to have won this prestigious award for our QFabric technology. With the introduction of the QFX3000-M, mid-sized enterprises can benefit from improvements in data center scale efficiency and performance, resulting in business agility. From some of the largest service providers in the world, to research institutions requiring massive computational power, to global stock exchanges, more than 150 customers are now using Juniper’s QFabric portfolio of products.”
- Douglas Murray, senior vice president, Juniper Networks Asia Pacific
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.