[Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 6, 2012]: Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today announced its customer momentum, while reinforcing its commitment to the energy sector at the World Gas Conference 2012, one of the foremost oil and gas industry events.
Helping energy organizations deal with challenges and needs across upstream, midstream and downstream sectors, Huawei Enterprise will be showcasing its comprehensive energy portfolio at the World Gas Conference. Leveraging its comprehensive portfolio covering IP network, IT infrastructure, unified communications and collaboration, Enterprise information security and wireless network, Huawei Enterprise has developed a series of innovative solutions and services to facilitate energy companies in areas including exploration, exploitation, transportation and management.
"Organizations in the energy sector operate in extremely challenging environments. Apart from fierce competition, they have to deal with harsh environmental conditions, which require innovative and advanced solutions," said Mr. Deng Yi, AVP of Huawei Enterprise’s Business Development Department. "Drawing on our extensive ICT experience and deep understanding of industry-specific needs, Huawei’s energy portfolio aims to present "A Better Way" by focusing on creating value for customers, and enabling them to run a smarter energy business."
At its exhibition stand, Huawei will showcase and conduct demonstrations on its innovations and capabilities that are designed specifically to address industry challenges. Key highlights include:
- Huawei Digital Pipeline Solution – Provides an effective communication means to address key challenges in oil and gas pipeline transmission, and consists of three sub-solutions to help customers manage and protect the pipeline operation status, as well as lower maintenance cost and improve production efficiency.
- Huawei Oilfield Wireless Broadband Solution – Provides 4G wireless network coverage with secure access, as well as LTE technology to enable provision of multi-services.
- Offshore Oil & Gas Field Communication Solution – Advanced end-to-end submarine cable solution with ability for customization based on specific requirements and provides high-power IP microwave communication as well as LTE ultra-long haul transmission while ensuring reliable data transmission.
- Huawei Cloud Data Center and Enterprise Unified Communications & Collaboration (UC&C) – Integrating core products such as unified communication, cloud contact center, eConference, telepresence, and video surveillance, Huawei provides services that include security surveillance, emergency command, customer service hotline and collaborative office to help energy enterprises improve security management, office communication efficiency and customer service quality.
- Huawei Telepresence – Delivering a truly rich, live interactive face-to-face communication experience in 1080P high-definition video at 4Mbps, the solution allows energy enterprises to improve collaboration and efficiency.
At the event, Huawei also announced the latest deployment of its leading energy solutions in the Norway Offshore Platform LTE project. Working together with Tampnet, the project is the world’s first offshore LTE network. Huawei designed the ATEX certified explosion-proof box and provided dual-band frequency (900Mhz/1800Mhz) terminal and base station solutions to achieve LTE wireless network coverage for 28 base stations and drilling platforms. Successfully docked on the customer’s existing satellite and submarine cable, and microwave network, the deployment ensured reliable data transmission and achieved LTE long-distance transmission with signal overlapping coverage between drilling platforms of more than 37 kilometers.
Huawei’s leading energy solutions have also been successfully deployed in many other projects by large enterprises, including Saudi Aramco, China National Petroleum Corporation, China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (SINOPEC), China National Offshore Oil Corporation, Mexico Pemex, Petrobras and the Kazakhstan Section of the Central Asia-China Gas Pipeline.
Huawei is located at Stand 6201 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The World Gas Conference 2012 is held from June 4 to 8, 2012, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.