Richard Foo, Director of Collaboration for Nike, to Discuss Role of Social Collaboration in Employee and Product Innovation During Keynote Address; Customers Virgin Media and GE Hold Panel on Putting Social to Work
June 14, 2012
Technologies that enable employees to be more social, allowing them to share information in real time with core members of their work "communities," are shaping the new collaborative workspace. Cisco and its customers will be exploring just how these technologies are having an impact and enabling "people-centric collaboration," at the Enterprise 2.0 conference in Boston, June 18-21.
Nike's Richard Foo, director of Collaboration, will deliver a keynote address at Enterprise 2.0 2012, "Staying Connected: Driving Innovation." Following the keynote, representatives from Cisco customers Virgin Media and GE will take part in a panel moderated by Aragon Research's Jim Lundy, "A Customer's Journey: Putting Social To Work." They will share their experiences regarding how they leverage social collaboration tools to foster greater employee participation, enable new ways of working, and ultimately, transform their business.
Additionally throughout the course of the show, Cisco will be performing live demos of collaboration technologies, including Cisco Quad, Cisco Quad with Jabber, Cisco WebEx, Cisco SocialMiner and Cisco TelePresense.
- Richard Foo, director of Collaboration, Nike
- Leon Benjamin, Enterprise 2.0 Project Manager, Virgin Media
- Colin Miles, Head of Technical Services, Virgin Media
- Dayan Anandappa, CIO, Digital Technologies & Collaboration, GE
- Moderator: Jim Lundy, Aragon Research
Nike Keynote: Tuesday, June 19 from 9:30-9:50 a.m. ET in the Keynote Theater
Cisco Customer Panel with GE and Virgin Media: Tuesday, June 19 from 1:30-2:15 p.m. ET in Room #210
Additional Cisco speaking sessions include:
- Tuesday, June 19 from 11:15 a.m – 12:00 p.m. ET: Integrating Unified Communications and Social Business with Mike Gotta, senior technology solution manager, Enterprise Social Software in Room #309
- Tuesday, June 19 from 2:30 – 2:50 p.m. ET: Making Social as Easy as Email with Paul Russell, product marketing manager, Cisco Quad in the Market Leaders Theater
- Tuesday, June 19 from 3:30 – 4:15 p.m. ET: YouTube for the Enterprise? How to Use Video to Collaborate for Fun and Profit with Erica Schroeder, director, Enterprise Video in Room #309
- Wednesday, June 20 from 3:30 – 4:15 p.m. ET: Design Considerations for Enterprise Social Networks: Identity, Graphs, Streams & Social Objects with Mike Gotta, senior technology solution manager, Enterprise Social Software in Room #309
Click here to watch the keynote streamed live.
CISCO AT ENTERPRISE 2.0
Visit Cisco at booth 101 on Tuesday, June 19 and Wednesday, June 20 between 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. ET in the exhibit hall for demonstrations of exciting new developments in social, video and mobile collaboration technologies. In addition, Cisco will hold daily prize drawings for those who visit the booth, watch a demo or attend a speaking session.
For those unable to attend Enterprise 2.0 Boston in person, please visit the Cisco Virtual Enterprise 2.0 Conference Experience to watch the keynote and see exclusive videos and demos with experts at the show.
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, Enterprise 2.0, collaboration, collaborative technologies, video, communication
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions offered across on-premises, cloud-based or virtualized platforms, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Doron AronsonCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 424 firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations Contacts
- Carol VillazonCisco+1 408 527 email@example.com
Industry Analyst Relations
- Steve CannyCisco408firstname.lastname@example.org