AT&T Business Customer Tablet Adoption Triples in One Year. Businesses and Organizations of All Sizes Turning to AT&T to Help Transform their Operations
Dallas, Texas, June 13, 2012
Businesses across every major industry sector are racing to adopt and use mobile devices, apps and solutions, according to AT&T*, which this week is hosting more than 50 global industry analysts from more than a dozen firms at its world-renowned Network Operations Center in Bedminster, NJ.
Earlier today, AT&T announced it is extending AT&T Toggle — a bring your own device solution — to the major operating systems. AT&T is seeing the following among companies of all sizes:
- More than 27,000 AT&T business customers have adopted mobile applications.
- An explosion in the use of tablets among business customers – a 194% increase between Q1 2011 and Q1 2012.
- 50 percent of AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform customers purchase additional software or professional services from AT&T to build more mobile solutions.
- 5+ Mobile Device Management deals closed on average per business day.
“These trends, combined with the continuing need for companies to reduce complexity and improve their productivity, are driving strong demand for solutions that AT&T is uniquely positioned to provide,” said Andy Geisse, Senior Executive Vice President- AT&T Business and Home Solutions.
AT&T today is designing, deploying and managing highly secure, innovative network solutions that are transforming companies in virtually every major industry sector. By combining AT&T’s global intelligent network, devices and applications and enhancing them with cloud and mobility capabilities, “we’re seeing companies clamoring for solutions that are helping to revolutionize whole industries — from financial to retail, manufacturing, hospitality and healthcare,” Geisse added.
Beyond improving productivity, these solutions are also providing companies with new “as you need it” models for handling content, along with new potential revenue models.
A number of companies – Amtrak, Eaton, Indiana Health Information Exchange and Marriott – will be showcased at this week’s event. CIOs from several companies described how AT&T’s cloud-based, networking sourcing and/or mobility solutions are helping them replace outmoded business processes and manual systems, manage inventory, and/or adapt to changing consumer trends and demands.
- Eaton – The Cleveland-based power management company has introduced a new mobile app using the AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform. With the Eaton Powersource app,the company’s sales force can easily share information about the company’s 200,000 hydraulic products with customers around the globe. The app includes information about technical specifications, competitor cross references, pricing and more, in a format that is easy to use and share.
- Indiana Health Information Exchange, Inc. (IHIE) — works with hospitals, long‐term care facilities, clinics and physician practices throughout Indiana to ensure that health information is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there to help improve care coordination and patient outcomes. IHIE is deploying AT&T Healthcare Community Online powered by Covisint to help boost support of its existing community, respond to new providers’ immediate needs and expand business plans. IHIE will implement AT&T Healthcare Community Online’s Clinical Message Exchange in three key hospitals, with the goal of adding more than 60 hospitals to the platform this year.
- Marriott – In August 2011, Marriott rolled out a free mobile app for mobile web, iPhone®, BlackBerry® and Android™ devices as well as an upgraded mobile website hosted on the AT&T Synaptic platform. These Marriott Mobile tools enable time-crunched travelers to quickly find nearby hotels, book a room, check their upcoming reservations and get details about their hotel, including photos. With the app and mobile website, travelers can also enroll in Marriott Rewards, check their point balance, and even find out what’s happening in the local area.
In addition, John Donovan, senior executive vice president of technology and network operations, described how the company’s technology, investments in R&D and platform approach are infusing AT&T’s core asset – its global IP network – with new capabilities. “The company’s network platform and its work with developers are enabling an ecosystem of innovation and core solutions focused on meeting companies’ needs for collaboration, improved business processes and managed infrastructure,” Donovan said.
By complementing AT&T’s world-renowned Labs with The Innovation Pipeline (internal crowdsourcing program), AT&T Foundry® (collaborative workspaces in Silicon Valley, North Texas and Israel), and “fast pitch” sessions designed to drive collaboration and speed products to market, “AT&T is delivering innovation to companies at an unprecedented pace,” said Donovan. “We’re just beginning to tap its full potential.”
“The AT&T Analyst Summit provides invaluable access to AT&T senior executives and their customers, insight into AT&T’s innovation and service creation process, as well as the company’s strategic outlook for the future,” noted Courtney Munroe, Group Vice President, Worldwide Telecommunications, Mobility & Network Infrastructure, IDC.
Samsung Mobile has provided all attendees of AT&T’s 5th Annual Industry Analyst Summit with the Samsung Galaxy Note™, a 4G LTE device that allows new ways to create, capture and share.
For more information on AT&T Business and Home Solutions visit http://www.att.com/gen/landing-pages?pid=9214.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.