- Lightower Fiber Networks adds new 21-mile fiber route throughout Providence area
- The new route adds to Lightower’s existing dense network in Providence and the surrounding communities including Pawtucket and Seekonk
- Lightower also expanded its collocation facility in Providence at 235 Promenade Street (The Foundry)
BOXBOROUGH, MA — May 14, 2012 — Lightower Fiber Networks, the premier metro fiber and bandwidth provider in the Northeast, announced a new network expansion and an expansion of their existing collocation facility, both in Providence, Rhode Island. The network expansion increases Lightower’s footprint in and around East Providence with 21-miles of new fiber. Additionally, Lightower has doubled the size of its collocation facility at 235 Promenade (The Foundry), also in Providence.
This latest network expansion by Lightower extends the company’s reach and access throughout East Providence, Seekonk, and Pawtucket. The build also enables
Lightower to provide an additional diverse route between Providence and all areas north and east of Providence, including Boston and Waltham, Massachusetts.
“These two expansions in Providence demonstrate how enterprises and carriers throughout the Northeast have a continuing need for more and more fast bandwidth,”
stated Rob Shanahan, President and CEO of Lightower. “The Lightower Network offers customers virtually limitless, low latency bandwidth and we will continue to invest where we see this kind of demand. In addition, our expanded collocation facility in Providence offers customers more space to house their equipment while also connecting to the Lightower Network.”
Lightower’s complete suite of all-fiber solutions is available to customers in these Rhode Island areas. Lightower customer solutions include:
- Ethernet service from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Wavelength service from 1 Gbps to 100 Gbps
- Dedicated Internet access
- Dark fiber
- Ultra-low latency solutions
- Video transport solutions
- Private network solutions
- Wireless backhaul solutions
- Access to the all 2,800+ Lightower service locations throughout the Northeast including commercial buildings, data centers, financial exchanges, telco hotels, and other critical interconnection facilities
- Custom designed building access, tower access, and facility access
- Diverse routing and diverse entrance options may be available
- Carrier-grade collocation services
Lightower has rapidly expanded throughout the Northeast over the past several years. Early in 2011, Lightower completed the acquisition of Long Island-based Open Access, and also opened a new office in downtown Boston. Late in 2010, Lightower completed the acquisition of New York City-based Lexent Metro Connect and Boston-area Veroxity Technology Partners. Last week, Lightower announced several major network expansions in central and northern New Jersey. Lightower also offers a unique ability to bypass the now-under-construction Tappan Zee Bridge via a diverse Hudson River crossing built in 2011.
To view Lightower’s Rhode Island network map, please visit www.lightower.com/network-maps.
To learn more about Lightower collocation service, please visit www.lightower.com/products/collocation
# # #
About Lightower Fiber Networks:
Lightower Fiber Networks is the premier metro fiber and bandwidth provider in the Northeast, offering over 6,400 fiber route miles coupled with comprehensive transport, alternative access, and nationwide long haul services. Lightower’s fiber footprint extends from New England, to eastern New York State, New Jersey, Long Island, and New York City. With access to over 2,800 service locations, Lightower offers unparalleled regional density, performance, scalability, security, and reliability in the Northeast. Lightower Fiber is headquartered in Boxborough, MA. For more information, visit www.lightower.com or call 888-LT-FIBER.
For Lightower Fiber Networks media inquiries, please contact:
Jaymie Scotto & Associates