Next Generation Multi-Chassis Support for T4000 and T1600 Routers Delivers Unmatched System Scalability and Superior Investment Protection
SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwire -05/22/12)- Juniper Networks(JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced a new capacity upgrade to the TXP multi-chassis routing system for all existing Juniper Networks® T4000 and T1600 core routers. Multi-chassis systems continue to be a critical technology for service providers to scale their network infrastructure while ensuring operational continuity and optimizing capital expenditures. The new TXP system more than doubles the capacity of the previous generation and delivers customers greater scalability and investment protection by extending the lifespan and performance of their network infrastructures built on T Series Core Routers. This capacity upgrade is done in-service and provides service providers with the financial and operational flexibility to expand network capacity where it is needed to support the growing bandwidth requirements driven by immense online video, social media and ever expanding cloud services and content.
- The rising adoption of always connected devices and rich media applications worldwide places tremendous demands on service provider infrastructures, causing network and equipment scaling requirements to grow rapidly. To address these challenges in an economical and operationally sustainable manner, service, content and application providers alike require solutions with unprecedented financial and operational flexibility and scale.
- Juniper Networks T Series IP/MPLS multi-service core routers provide the leading features and multi-terabit scale that service providers need to handle massive growth in core bandwidth requirements. The field-proven in-service upgradability provides customers guaranteed access to future T Series platform innovation, resulting in unmatched investment protection.
- With the introduction of the T Series in 2002, Juniper pioneered the “modern” IP core router and redefined the market with its innovative architecture that has allowed our customers to flexibly and economically grow their network by taking advantage of the unique in-service upgrade capabilities that were engineered into the platform from the start. Since the first shipment in 2002, well over 7,000 T Series routers have been deployed in the top 200 networks worldwide allowing billions of users to enjoy the services offered by their service provider every day.
- The TXP multi-chassis routing system supports the following key functionality:
- Up to 4X T4000 and 8X T1600 system capacity
- Up to 22 Terabits per second (Tbps) of capacity
- Future capacity expandable up to 64 Tbps
- Simplified pay-as-you grow installation and expansion with standards-based cabling and pluggable optics
- Juniper’s scalable and flexible multi-service core architecture with carrier-grade reliability and guaranteed high-performance can efficiently deliver a wide breadth of revenue-generating services while minimizing both capital and operational expenditures, ensuring customers can achieve:
- Continued scaling of existing multi-service core with a proven platform that is future ready
- Investment protection for current T Series customer base
- Operational simplicity with the flexibility to grow seamlessly
- In-service upgrade to provide continuity and no user interruption
The upgrade for the TXP multi-chassis system will be available for shipment in the fourth quarter 2012.
China Mobile Communications Corporation (CMCC)
“Juniper has been an excellent partner in helping us as we grow and evolve our network to meet increasing customer demands and the expanded capabilities of the TXP Multi-chassis system are a promising way to help us continue to expand our existing infrastructure.”
— Jianming Zhou while visiting Juniper in his capacity as General Manager of the Technical Department at China Mobile Communications Company (CMCC).
“Service providers are dependent on the infrastructure they build to deliver profitable services, but they must also be nimble and flexible to scale these services. Investment protection, operational continuity and future-ready scalability are critical components in infrastructure purchasing decisions. Expanding the capabilities of Juniper’s TXP multi-chassis system, which is deployed in numerous networks worldwide, is clearly aligned with this strategy.”
— Daniel Hua, senior vice president and general manager, Core Business Unit, Juniper Networks
“In order to scale their networks today, large service providers use the multi-chassis capabilities of their core routers, as scaling requirements continue to grow. Juniper’s expansion of the TXP multi-chassis system will help operators meet their growth challenges due to the TXP’s flexible scaling, operational continuity, and investment protection — three components of any service provider’s expansion strategy. This latest generation TXP features the innovation in the multi-chassis interconnect of off-the-shelf pluggable optics and industry-standard cabling to nicely reduce the cost and operational complexity of deploying and managing multi-chassis systems.”
— Michael Howard, principal analyst, Infonetics Research
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found atJuniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.