New Infonetics Research Report Shows Sonus SBCs Growing Almost 4x Faster Than the Market Average
For Immediate Release
SONUS IS FASTEST-GROWING SBC VENDOR IN SERVICE PROVIDER MARKET
New Infonetics Research Report Shows Sonus SBCs Growing Almost
4x Faster Than the Market Average
For Immediate Release: April 12, 2012
- · Sonus SBC service provider market share grew to 19.6% in 4Q11-the industry's highest percentage gain
- · Sonus SBC revenues for 2011 grew 58.5% over 2010-nearly 4x the industry growth rate of 15.4%
WESTFORD, Mass. - Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that the latest Infonetics Research report shows Sonus Session Border Controllers (SBCs) to be the fastest-growing portfolio in the service provider market. The quarterly report, titled "Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers," reveals that Sonus SBCs led the industry in growth over the last quarter and the last year:
- · The highest gains in SBC market share for 4Q11: a 5.7 percentage increase to 19.6% market share for the quarter
- · The highest annual SBC revenue growth: 58.5% (nearly 4x the market average of 15.4%)
- · The highest SBC revenue growth quarter over quarter: 74.7%
- · The highest SBC growth year over year: 114% (over 4x the market average of 24.4%)
Since announcing the Sonus SBC 5200 in 2010, Sonus' share of the SBC market has risen steadily. The current Infonetics figures reflect combined sales of both the pure IP SBC 5200 as well as the hybrid IP/TDM Sonus SBC 9000 (formerly named the NBS 5200 and NBS 9000), and underscore the importance of offering portfolio choice to all types of service providers. The latest report shows Sonus firmly entrenched as a leading provider of SBC solutions in the global service provider market --with market share gains coming at the expense of the leading competitive brand.
- · "Our latest research confirms that Sonus' SBC business outpaced overall market growth," said Diane Myers, Directing Analyst for VoIP and IMS at Infonetics Research. "Capturing increasing share throughout 2011 has solidified Sonus' position as a leading contender in the SBC market."
- · "As business users seek to deploy SIP-based communications applications, it is clear that service providers want scale, reliability and choice in how to deliver such services," said David Tipping, Vice President of the SBC Business Unit at Sonus. "The Infonetics results confirm having one SBC vendor that can address a variety of deployment scenarios is an important proposition to service providers."
- · Sonus counts several Fortune 500 enterprises among its SBC customers, including the world's largest banks, airlines, retailers and healthcare providers.
- · Sonus supports 64,000 sessions on a single server; more than twice the leading SBC vendor.
- · Across the globe, Sonus enables more than 5,854 sessions per second and counting.
- · The global SBC service provider market is expected to grow 20% year-over-year through 2016, according to Infonetics.
- · Sonus Session Border Control Solutions: http://www.sonus.net/solutions/solutions-for-service-providers/session-border-control-solutions.aspx
- · Infonetics Research: http://www.infonetics.com/
Sonus, SONS, IP-based network solutions, session border control, session border controllers, session management, SIP trunking, IT market growth, Infonetics Research, report, market share growth, SBC 5200, SBC 9000, SBC, VoIP, Cloud VoIP communications, unified communications, UC, IP, TDM.
About Sonus Networks
Sonus Networks, Inc. is a leader in IP networking with proven expertise in delivering secure, reliable and scalable next-generation infrastructure and subscriber solutions. With customers in over 50 countries across the globe and over a decade of experience in transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties.
Although the company believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements.
Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are discussed by reference to the factors described in Part I, Item 1A "Risk Factors", and Part II, Item 7 and Item 7A "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations", and "Quantitative and Qualitative Disclosure about Market Risk" in the Company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, and in Part I, Items 2 and 3 "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Quantitative and Qualitative Disclosures About Market Risk", and Part II, Item 1A, "Risk Factors", in the Company's quarterly reports filed thereafter.
Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
Sonus is a registered trademark of Sonus Networks, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
For Sonus Networks:
Kerry Brackett, 978-614-8784
Lois Paul & Partners
Anastasia Efstratios, 617-986-5873