In Addition to Physical Security, Several of the Bank’s Key Functions, Including Call Center, Data Center and Stock Trading System Run on Cisco Intelligent Network and Cisco Unified Computing System
BELGRADE, Serbia, March 19, 2012 – Cisco today announced that Serbia’s biggest retail bank, Banka Postanska Stedionica (Serbian Postal Savings Bank), has implemented a Cisco® Connected Physical Security Solution at its headquarters in Belgrade and across a network of over 40 branches in Serbia.
With the Internet Protocol (IP) network, video streams from any branch can be monitored from a PC in the central office or any other branch on the network. In addition to physical security, the bank is using the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture and Cisco Unified Computing SystemTM to integrate data and voice communication, customer relationship management and data center on a single, intelligent and highly secure network platform.
Key Facts, Highlights:
- With more than 2 million customers and 1,500 employees, Banka Postanska Stedionica is a state-owned financial services group that has successfully completed several acquisitions over the past years. This, however, has meant that physical security systems, including video surveillance, had little standardization and were based on a variety of traditional closed-circuit TV (CCTV) solutions from different vendors, with only a small proportion attached to networked video recorders. Monitoring and maintenance had to be done at a branch level, which was far from efficient and, with little automation, relied on people being able to recognize and respond to events. It also made it virtually impossible to support a coordinated incident response.
- The objective of the bank was to replace its legacy analog systems with an end-to-end, branchwide surveillance system, thus improving the protection of clients and employees, making operation more efficient, and reducing costs.
- Banka Postanska Stedionica is using its Cisco Borderless Network Architecture with Cisco Integrated Services Routers as the foundation for physical security. The network connects 400 cameras, most of them high-resolution digital Cisco IP video surveillance cameras placed both indoors and outdoors.
- Cisco Video Surveillance Media Servers are used at the bank’s headquarters and all branches to collect and route video from the cameras and encoders over the IP network. They also offer video archive capabilities, event tagging and bandwidth management for both live distribution and historical recording. Both live and recorded video content is virtually available to all authorized security personnel. Also, certain alarm and sensor systems are integrated so that events that trigger alarms can be matched with the video content.
- Com-4T doo, a Cisco Premier Certified Partner in Serbia, designed and installed a video surveillance management platform, including servers, archiving, and monitoring software. Com-4T also provided training for users.
- Dragisa Lojanica, head of IT, Banka Postanska Stedionica
“The value of the solution became evident soon after it was switched on. In one of our branches, a cashier accidentally gave a customer an overpayment of 20,000 Serbian dinars (about $275) and the video recording helped identify where the transaction had been made and to efficiently rectify it. Cisco and Com-4T doo experts had an in-depth understanding of our need to create a modern and efficient security surveillance infrastructure, while reducing our total costs by reusing equipment where appropriate. We now have a sound and flexible foundation for the future. As a next step, we are considering the integration of access control based on the network foundation.”
- Geetha Dabir, vice president, Physical Security Business Unit, Cisco
“The need to protect critical assets is driving the demand for a more efficient use of physical security technologies powered by next-generation services. With the deployment of Cisco connected physical security solutions including Cisco Video Surveillance Media Servers, Banka Postanska Stedionica is helping to ensure that its customers and employees are protected, while streamlining operations, improving business efficiency and cutting costs.”
Tags, Keywords: Cisco, Banka Postanska Stedionica, physical security, video surveillance, borderless network
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
- To learn more, visit Cisco Physical Security: www.cisco.com/go/physec
- Cisco Video Surveillance Media Server
- Cisco Safety and Security Solutions
- Medianet-enabled IP Video Surveillance
- Cisco IP Interoperability & Collaboration System (IPICS)
- Cisco Video Surveillance Manager Suite
- Serbian Postal Bank deploys video surveillance from Cisco
Cisco, (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. More information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Serbia is provided by Cisco International Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Judit SinkoCisco Systems, Inc.+36 1 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Matthew HardwickCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 8824 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Sharon RobinsonCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 email@example.com