SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 19, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, has been recognized as one of the 2012 World's Most Ethical Companies for the second consecutive year by Ethisphere Institute, a leading business ethics think-tank.
- Out of a record number of nominations and applications this year for the award, Juniper Networks was selected as an organization that shows leadership in promoting ethical business standards and introducing innovative ideas to benefit the public.
- The World's Most Ethical Companies have incorporated ethics into business practices whether domestic or international, and have been able to thrive despite an ever-changing global regulatory environment.
- Through in-depth research and a multi-step analysis, Ethisphere reviewed nominations from companies in more than 100 countries and 36 industries. The methodology for the World's Most Ethical Companies includes reviewing codes of ethics, litigation and regulatory infraction histories; evaluating the investment in innovation and sustainable business practices; looking at activities designed to improve corporate citizenship; and studying nominations from senior executives, industry peers, suppliers and customers.
- This is the sixth year Ethisphere has published the World's Most Ethical Companies rankings. Read about the methodology and view the complete list of the 2012 World's Most Ethical Companies at http://ethisphere.com/wme.
"A strong ethical foundation is a competitive advantage, and Juniper Networks recognizes the important role corporate responsibility plays in improving its bottom line. As more and more organizations strive for this honor each year, Juniper's inclusion as a World's Most Ethical Company demonstrates its industry-leading commitment to ethics and dedication to integrity."
- Alex Brigham, executive director, Ethisphere Institute
"It is an honor to be recognized with this distinction by Ethisphere two years in a row. At Juniper, the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is built on the commitment of our people to Juniper's core values. Those values drive Juniper employees to be accountable for their actions and operate with the highest ethical standards at every level of our organization. We are proud to be named one of the World's Most Ethical companies."
- Mitchell Gaynor, executive vice president, general counsel and secretary, Juniper Networks
About Ethisphere Institute:
The research-based Ethisphere® Institute is a leading international think-tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability. Ethisphere Magazine, which publishes the globally recognized World's Most Ethical Companies Ranking™, is the quarterly publication of the Institute. Ethisphere provides the only third-party verifications of compliance programs and ethical cultures that include: Ethics Inside® Certification, Compliance Leader Verification™ and Anti-Corruption Program Verification™. The Institute's premier membership group, the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance™, is a business ethics forum that includes more than 100 leading corporations, universities and institutions that collectively leverage their experience, expertise and innovative ways to address emerging compliance challenges. More information on the Ethisphere Institute, including ranking projects and membership, can be found at http://www.ethisphere.com.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.