AAA members and non-members now have instant access to AAA apps and information all in one place
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), March 30, 2012 – AAA and wireless carrier Sprint (NYSE:S, news, filings) have teamed to launch the AAA Member ID Pack providing instant access to AAA services and information. With only one download, Sprint customers can now compare gas prices near home or on the road, call for roadside assistance, find AAA Approved hotels and restaurants, route a trip and much more on select Sprint (NYSE: S) Android™ powered devices with the launch of the AAA Sprint ID Pack.
“AAA members value the peace of mind membership provides including access to roadside assistance, travel information and AAA’s safety tips,” said Marshall L. Doney, AAA National Vice President, Automotive, Financial Services and e-Business. “Accessing these benefits just got easier with the launch of the AAA Sprint ID Pack which enables users to download all AAA apps and links at one time.”
“We are extremely pleased to expand our relationship with AAA to include the AAA Member ID Pack,” said Kevin McGinnis, vice president-Product, Sprint. “The relationship between Sprint and AAA has been in place for more than a decade. This collaboration is a great benefit to motorists across the country by combining a rich mobile experience with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services.”
The AAA Sprint ID Pack includes a variety of AAA apps and web links for members who want to access AAA’s content, services and information on the go. For more information or to download visit AAA ID Pack.
Once the AAA ID Pack is downloaded onto the mobile device, users will have access to the following applications and Web links:
- AAA TripTik Mobile is a GPS-based app with maps and navigation, showing gas station locations and pricing along with points of interest, such as AAA-rated hotels, restaurants and attractions, near a user’s location or any user-specified location.
- AAA Discounts uses GPS technology to display nearby AAA Show Your Card & Save locations.
- AAA Roadside enables AAA members to electronically request roadside assistance and send their vehicle description, location and breakdown details directly to AAA. Users can also search locally for service at one of 8,000 AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities across North America.
- AAA Insurance provides AAA’s recommended steps on what to do immediately after a traffic collision and helps users gather important information to submit an insurance claim.
All apps are free and include location-based roadside assistance for AAA members.
- AAA FindMe: Free and exclusively for members, AAA FindMe enables a Sprint subscriber to have their GPS location instantly transmitted to AAA when calling for roadside assistance. The service does not require any special downloads or apps. Sprint mobile customers can access AAA road service by simply dialing *AAA (or *222).
- AAA eTourBook Guides: Free and exclusively for members, AAA eTourBook guides sync with smartphones, ereaders and tablets equipped with an ereader app. Each guide highlights a top North American travel destination complete with listings for AAA Approved and Diamond Rated hotels and restaurants; AAA Editor’s Picks for attractions, events and nightlife; and other information available only through AAA.
- AAA Mobile Battery Service: Enables members to request a battery quote, delivery and replacement on the spot.
- AAA Mobile Web: Access everything AAA has to offer anytime, virtually anywhere. Access TourBook, hotel, restaurant and attraction listings, battery quotes, AAA Approved Auto Repair shops, SYC&S discounts, AAA and CAA branch offices and more.
- Join AAA: Become a AAA member and get access to AAA’s legendary roadside assistance, member discounts, insurance services, travel services and much more!
For a list of ID capable phones, go to Sprint.com/sprintid.
Sprint is a Show Your Card & Save Program® participant offering members additional wireless service discounts and benefits . AAA members qualify for a 10 percent monthly recurring discount on eligible new line activations on select Sprint plans and waived activation fees valued at $36. Members also are eligible to receive a $50 credit with an online purchase. AAA member benefits for Sprint wireless services can be accessed at AAA.com/Sprint.
Members also have access to Sprint’s “Ready Now” program, which helps members learn about their handsets.
Last year, members saved nearly $2 billion by taking advantage of AAA/CAA discounts. The AAA Show Your Card & Save program is one of the world’s largest member discount programs and offers savings at more than 110,000 retail locations in North America and popular online retailers. Visit AAA.com/discounts for a complete list of retailers and offers.
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 55 million customers at the end of 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 3 in its 2011 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
As North America’s largest motoring and leisure travel organization, AAA provides more than 53 million members with travel, insurance, financial and automotive-related services. Since its founding in 1902, the not-for-profit, fully tax-paying AAA has been a leader and advocate for the safety and security of all travelers. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.