Cisco Collaboration Solutions Foster Engagement and Anytime, Anywhere Productivity
SAN JOSE, Calif., February 13, 2012 – Cisco today announced that Virgin Media, the UK’s leading entertainment and digital communications company, is deploying Cisco Quad™, Cisco WebEx® and Cisco Unified Communications to its people. The solutions are being rolled out as part of Virgin Media’s Flexible Working Initiative and will enable thousands of employees to collaborate and work remotely with video calls and shared documents, all easily accessible via PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
Cisco Quad will become a virtual knowledge bank that helps create social business communities, bringing together people with common skills and interests, enabling them to share files or videos with other co-workers across projects and workstreams, and offering instant WebEx® conferencing sessions or instant messaging chat sessions, all enabled through the browser-based platform.
With Quad, filtered and relevant information “comes to you,” allowing users to find resources and skills, prioritize work and activity more easily. This social software platform enables ‘real time’ decision making with WebEx conferencing sessions, through communities, activity feeds and watch lists accessible via any browser or through mobile applications. Quad allows Virgin Media employees to discover and participate in discussions with relevant groups that may have been previously unknown to them. This supports the Virgin Media vision for a truly collaborative and flexible working environment.
“The ability of social media to actively engage audiences is proven, and we’re making the most of Cisco’s collaboration software to bring new ways of working to Virgin Media,” said Elisa Nardi, chief people and services officer, Virgin Media. “Our people will be able to connect using video, chat and activity feeds from the office, when working from home and on the go. We’re enabling a more flexible and collaborative work environment and will continue to develop our use of Cisco Quad and WebEx to deliver an outstanding experience to our people and, ultimately, a more agile and engaged workforce.”
Virgin Media will roll out Cisco’s Flexible Working solution to its people working across teams and on company-wide projects in early February of this year.
- Virgin Media’s use of collaboration technologies will enable greater flexibility to co-work from a variety of office locations and from home.
- The rich media capabilities extended through WebEx high-definition video help engage workers with a more collaborative working experience.
- Cisco WebEx can help shorten the time to make key business decisions with immediate video ‘face-to-face” conversations.
- Cisco Quad can improve business agility by providing rapid access to information and people and reduces duplication of effort through its enterprise search capability which helps employees find relevant experts, content and communities.
Murali Sitaram, vice president and general manager, Collaboration SoftwareGroup, Cisco: “Virgin Media understands the power of an engaged and informed workforce. Putting people and their expertise at the heart of their collaboration solutions will not only improve internal relationships but also lead to more satisfying customer experiences.”
- For more product details and information, visit the Cisco Quad, Cisco WebEx, and Cisco Unified Communications, and Cisco Mobile pages for more detail.
- Keep up with Cisco’s news by visiting the company’s Platform Blog.
- For more information about Cisco’s collaboration news and activities visit the Collaboration Blog or follow us via Twitter @CiscoCollab.
# # #
Tags / Keywords:
Cisco, Quad, enterprise social software, collaboration, video, Cisco WebEx, mobile, flexible work, Virgin Media, Cisco TelePresence, Post PC-era, Post PC
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
About Cisco Collaboration
From award-winning IP communications to mobility, customer care, Web conferencing, messaging, enterprise social software, and interoperable telepresence experiences, Cisco brings together network-based, integrated collaboration solutions based on open standards. These solutions, as well as services from Cisco and our partners, are designed to help promote business growth, innovation and productivity. They are also designed to help accelerate team performance, protect investments, and simplify the process of finding the right people and information.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Doron AronsonCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 424 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Carol VillazonCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 527 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Steve CannyCisco408email@example.com
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date