Company on Schedule to Deliver Advanced Ethernet & Voice Services in Top U.S. Markets in 2012
SAN JOSE, Calif. – February 2, 2012 – Today, MegaPath Corporation, one of the leading providers of managed data, voice, and security services in North America, today announced a new promotion on its popular Basic Ethernet 2x2 Mbps and 3x3 Mbps services starting at $199 per month for small, medium, and enterprise businesses in select markets. As the company continues the expansion of its Ethernet over Copper (EoC) network, MegaPath is able to provide even more customers with a cost-effective option that addresses their current and future connectivity needs. Additionally, MegaPath is offering Ethernet speeds up to 45 Mbps in select markets. Ethernet delivers more bandwidth than traditional T1 or Bonded T1 services at a much lower cost.
MegaPath also announced that it is on track to complete the previously announced expansion of its EoC network by June 2012, creating the largest Ethernet footprint in the U.S. Currently in more than 400 central offices (COs) nationwide, MegaPath’s Ethernet coverage includes many major metropolitan markets—including: Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Newark, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C. MegaPath’s 2012 deployment plans cover additional major markets—including Austin, Detroit, Houston, Las Vegas, Newark (NJ), Portland (OR), Sacramento, and Tampa.
"There has never been a better time to offer the market an even greater reason to turn to our cost-effective Ethernet services," said Dan Foster, President, Business Markets, MegaPath. "We understand our customers' demands and have invested in our Ethernet over Copper network to help them maximize their connectivity investments without sacrificing their quality of service. Today, I’m proud to say that we have the flexibility to meet all of our customers' connectivity, voice, and security requirements."
MegaPath’s Basic Ethernet promotional pricing starts at $199 for 2x2 Mbps and $299 for 3x3 Mbps, and comes with a Free Month of service. This promotion is available in select markets.
Customer benefits of Business Ethernet include:
- More Bandwidth at an Affordable Cost. Customers pay less per megabit than with a comparable T1 or Bonded T1.
- Easy to Install. Easy to Manage. MegaPath Business Ethernet is easy to install and manage because it uses copper loop bonding technology from the existing infrastructure and requires only one piece of hardware.
- 99.99% Reliable. MegaPath Business Ethernet provides top speeds over a single, reliable connection—even when you're uploading large files—and comes with a 99.99% SLA-backed uptime guarantee.
- Combine Voice and Data to Save. Save with our bundles that include Ethernet, Hosted or Integrated Voice, and Proactive Monitoring.
- Proactive Monitoring. MegaPath Proactive Monitoring adds circuit protection by checking circuits on a regular basis; if an issue is identified after three consecutive pings, an automatic trouble ticket is created and the customer is notified immediately via email.
- Grows with Your Business. Ethernet is easy to scale and provides fast connectivity that grows with your business.
To learn more about MegaPath’s Ethernet services, please visit http://www.megapath.com/data/ethernet/.
About MegaPath Inc.
MegaPath operates one of the largest end-to-end communications networks in the country, providing both commercial and wholesale services. The company provides a full range of data, voice, and security services for small, medium, and enterprise businesses nationwide, as well as wholesale solutions to the carrier and service provider markets through one of the largest end-to-end networks in the country. MegaPath helps businesses easily and securely communicate between their headquarters, employees, and business partners to lower costs, increase security, and enhance employee productivity. To learn more about MegaPath’s managed IP data, voice, and security services, please visit www.megapath.com.
Welz & Weisel Communications