Ciena’s Carrier Ethernet Solutions power reliable, scalable and cost-effective Internet connectivity and business services for Canadian service provider
LINTHICUM, Md. — 02/06/2012
Ciena® Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN, news, filings), the network specialist, today announced that Fibrenoire, a Canadian provider of fiber-optic Internet connections and private network services, has deployed Ciena’s Carrier Ethernet Solutions (CES) to deliver premium Ethernet business services to enterprise customers in Québec and Ontario.
- Fibrenoire, founded in 2007, operates an IP MPLS Internet backbone with more than 3,000 km of optical fiber, covering Québec and Ontario.
- Fibrenoire deployed Ciena’s 3960 and 3920 Service Delivery Switches, part of itsCarrier Ethernet Solutions (CES) portfolio, for the delivery of 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL), Ethernet Private Line (EPL) and Business Internet services to local enterprise customers in the IT, media, healthcare and retail industries.
- By leveraging Ciena’s technology, Fibrenoire is able to offer the most reliable and cost effective services in the region, ideal for delivering voice, data, IP, VoIP, MPLS, video, and any other real-time, latency-sensitive applications over its network infrastructure.
- Robust management and performance monitoring features in the 3960 and 3920 ensure Fibrenoire can easily scale to accommodate fluctuating customer demand for high-speed data services while ensuring Quality of Service (QoS) for maximum uptime and competitive advantage.
- “In the highly-competitive business services market in Quebec and Ontario, it is essential that we differentiate our solutions from those offered by other network providers – we saw an opportunity to do that by delivering better quality service for a superior customer experience. With Ciena’s proven Carrier Ethernet Solutions, we are able to monitor our network, and make adjustments rapidly and efficiently, to support our market-leading Business Services service level agreement.”
– Jean-Francois Lévesque, chief technology officer at Fibrenoire
- “As enterprises work to accommodate the explosion in data traversing their networks, they are looking to deploy transport-class packet network solutions that ensure scalable bandwidth and business services that can be turned on or tuned-up quickly and cost-effectively. Ciena’s solutions enable Fibrenoire to bring the low-touch, high-velocity benefits of Carrier Ethernet-powered connectivity to enterprise customers in Quebec and Ontario.”
– Chad Whalen, vice president and general manager, North America field organization at Ciena
- Ciena's CES portfolio combines intelligent devices and software to create low-touch, high-velocity Carrier Ethernet access and metro networks creating a common, consistent way to deliver the full range of Ethernet services that significantly accelerates and automates service creation and activation.
- Ciena’s CES portfolio is used by more than 150 carriers, wireless service providers and cable operators worldwide, with an installed base of nearly 250,000 Ethernet-enabled sites.
- Application note: Delivering True Carrier Ethernet Business Services
- Product overview: 3960 Service Delivery Switch
- Product overview: 3920 Service Delivery Switch
- Whitepaper: The Strategic Imperative of an Ethernet Metro Aggregation Network
Fibrenoire specializes exclusively in fibre optic Internet connections and fiber optic private network business services. Fibrenoire deploys and operates an IP NGN Carrier Ethernet network of over 3,000 km of fiber in Ontario and Quebec.
Ciena is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they compete. With focused innovation, Ciena brings together the reliability and capacity of optical networking with the flexibility and economics of Ethernet, unified by a software suite that delivers the industry’s leading network automation. We routinely post recent news, financial results and other important announcements and information about Ciena on our website. For more information, visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-K, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 22, 2011. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
(877) 857 -7377
(888) 243 6223