Leading Hispanic advocacy group HACR recognizes AT&T's inclusion of Hispanics in the workforce, supply chain, community and governance
Dallas, Texas, January 11, 2012
AT&T has received the highest rating for all telecommunication firms on the 2011 Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility’s Corporate Inclusion Index (HACR CII). AT&T was one of only two companies to achieve a 95 rating, the highest in the 2011 HACR CII. The HACR CII rates Hispanic inclusion by Fortune 100 companies and its corporate partners in the areas of workforce, procurement, philanthropy, and governance.
"AT&T continues to demonstrate its commitment to diversity with policies that ensure the inclusion of Hispanics at all levels and in every one of its varied business lines,” said Janet Murguía, chairperson of the HACR Board of Directors and president and CEO of National Council of La Raza. “AT&T is one of the few companies moving the needle in advancing full inclusion of Hispanics in this country.”
Examples of AT&T’s commitment to Hispanic inclusion are:
- A 12 percent representation of Hispanics in the AT&T workforce. The total U.S. AT&T workforceis 40 percent female and 38 percent people of color.
- Sponsorship of an award-winning employee resource group, HACEMOS (the Hispanic/Latino Employee Association of AT&T).
- A top-rated global supplier diversity program that spent more than $9.2 billion with minority, women and disabled-veteran suppliers in 2010, representing 18.8 percent of the company’s procurement base. AT&T’s goal is to achieve 21.5 percent of its procurement from diverse suppliers.
- Strong focus on the Hispanic Consumer Market, which includes converting more than 700 retail stores in high-density Hispanic markets including California, Florida, New York and Texas to a bilingual (Spanish/English) format; full online and social media presence in Spanish; a strong advertising investment in Hispanic media; and sponsorship of top-rated Hispanic music, television, sports and entertainment programs and events.
- Support of the Hispanic community by investing resources to advance education, strengthen communities and improve lives. In 2010, AT&T contributed more than $148 million to the diverse communities it serves through corporate, employee and AT&T Foundationgiving programs.
- Significant representation of Hispanics in the company’s most senior ranks including Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO of AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets; Thaddeus Arroyo, chief information officer; José Gutiérrez, president, advertising and publishing; Carmen Nava, senior vice president-Consumer Marketing; and Angie Wiskocil, senior vice president, Wi-Fi services.
“We are honored by HACR’s recognition of our holistic approach to diversity and inclusion,” said Debbie Storey, AT&T senior vice president of Talent Development and chief diversity officer. “At AT&T, diversity and inclusion are woven into all our business strategies and are key in achieving our business goals.”
For employment opportunities visit www.att.jobs
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T |DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.