- Award Recognizes XO Communications’ Strong Growth, Market Share and Comprehensive Portfolio of VoIP and SIP Trunking Services
HERNDON, VA – December 1, 2011 Demonstrating its leadership in the VoIP and SIP trunking services market, XO Communications today announced that Frost & Sullivan has named XO Communications the recipient of the 2011 North American Competitive Strategy Leadership Award for VoIP Access and SIP Trunking Services. XO Communications has received the award for the second consecutive year, recognizing the company for its strong growth in the market, significant market share, and broad portfolio of services.
“We are proud that Frost & Sullivan has recognized us once again as the market leader for business VoIP and SIP trunking services,” said Don MacNeil, chief marketing officer for XO Communications. “We have designed our VoIP and SIP trunking services to scale to support businesses regardless of size, technology lifecycle or type of business. Our comprehensive portfolio, including enterprise SIP trunking and hosted VoIP offerings, helps our customers do business better, reduce complexity and increase operational efficiencies through the best use of IP-based network infrastructure.”
“XO Communications has consistently led the VoIP and SIP trunking market for several years now, offering solutions that support diverse customer segments and unique requirements,” said Elka Popova, program director, Unified Communications and Collaboration, Frost & Sullivan. “The company has time and again demonstrated it can anticipate evolving market trends and tailor its services to address emerging business demands faster than a majority of its competitors.”
The Frost & Sullivan award recognizes XO Communications for its market leadership with more than 1.2 million end users and double-digit VoIP and SIP trunking services revenue growth. The Frost & Sullivan award also highlights XO Communications’ broad services portfolio and recognized the company for its innovative offerings such as XO Enterprise SIP and XO Enterprise Cloud Communications.
Frost & Sullivan cited XO Enterprise SIP as “one of the most flexible SIP trunking solutions in the market today” due to its ability to allow large, multi-site businesses to aggregate trunks from across multiple sites into one or several primary locations and dynamically share voice trunk capacity across multiple sites regardless of whether the wide area network is provided by XO Communications.
Additionally, Frost & Sullivan cites how XO Enterprise Cloud Communications – a fully hosted IP-PBX, communications-as-a-service solution – has opened new opportunities for XO Communications to address growing customer demand for outsourcing call control, switching, and PBX functionality. According to Frost & Sullivan, “While other providers led with a hosted offering and subsequently re-directed their efforts into the VoIP access and trunking space, XO Communications acknowledged the fact that most businesses would only gradually migrate to next-generation technologies and cloud architectures. With growing hype around cloud technologies and delivery models, the market is now ready for the XO Enterprise Cloud Communications solution.”
XO VoIP & SIP Trunking Services Portfolio
XO Communications is an industry innovator and leader in providing advanced IP-based communications solutions for businesses and large enterprises. The XO VoIP and SIP trunking services portfolio includes:
- XO® IP Flex: The award-winning and industry-leading XO business VoIP service that works with a customer’s existing key system or PBX providing local and long distance voice, Internet service and hosting services in one simple bundle.
- XO® IP Flex with VPN: A converged VoIP and wide area networking solution, combining XO IP Flex and XO MPLS IP-VPN for businesses that need to manage both voice and data for multiple locations over a converged network infrastructure.
- XO® SIP: The XO SIP trunking service that provides a native SIP trunk to a customer’s IP-PBX, making the management of voice and data more efficient over a single IP network.
- XO® Enterprise SIP: An innovative SIP trunking solution for distributed enterprises with dozens, hundreds or even thousands of locations that want to simplify, streamline and reduce the costs of delivering and managing voice services. This service can help businesses eliminate local voice circuits, reduce IP-PBX capital expenditures, and share calling capacity across their locations.
- XO® Enterprise Cloud Communications: A hosted IP-PBX solution that provides IP telephony features, local and long distance voice, network services, enterprise-wide HD voice and video, and IP phone sets in a communications-as-a-service, per-user pricing model. This solution is ideal for multi-location enterprises that want to simplify the management of voice services across their business and reduce both capital expenditures and operating costs.
A copy of the Frost & Sullivan report is available for download at http://bit.ly/vtIZwC. For more information about the award-winning XO® VoIP and SIP trunking services portfolio, visit http://www.xo.com/voip.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
About XO Communications
XO Communications is a leading nationwide provider of advanced IP communications, managed network and IT infrastructure services for businesses, enterprises, government, carriers and service providers. Its customers include more than half of the Fortune 500, in addition to leading cable companies, carriers, content providers and mobile network operators. Utilizing its unique combination of high-capacity nationwide and metro networks and fixed wireless capabilities, XO Communications offers customers a broad range of services with proven performance, scalability and value in more than 85 metropolitan markets across the United States. For more information, visit www.xo.com.
# # #Media Contacts: