Juniper's high-performance networking solutions combined with NISSHO's technical expertise to accelerate sales and services for customers
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and TOKYO, Dec. 7, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, and NISSHO ELECTRONICS, a subsidiary of Sojitz Corporation, today announced the establishment of a new NISSHO subsidiary named the J Network Initiative. The new entity will focus on providing pre- and post-sales support, consulting and maintenance services for Juniper Networks products to the Japanese enterprise market.
NISSHO has been a distributor of Juniper products since 1998, and since then has established itself as a leading vendor of Juniper Networks products in Japan. NISSHO employs numerous Juniper-certified engineers whose networking expertise and deep knowledge of Juniper Networks products will strengthen Juniper's presence in the Japanese enterprise market.
- Launching on January 1, 2012, the J Network Initiative will bring together experienced engineers from NISSHO and Juniper to better meet the needs of Juniper customers in Japan while strengthening the long-standing relationship between the two companies.
- The J Network Initiative will focus on enabling sales of Juniper Networks products, including Juniper Networks® EX Series switches, SRX Series security solutions, QFabric® data center systems and MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers.
- NISSHO will work directly and through channel partners to accelerate sales and services to Japanese enterprise customers.
- The J Network Initiative will also leverage NISSHO's NETFrontier Center, one of the largest technical service centers in Asia, to enable better technical support for Juniper's global alliance and sales partners in the region.
- The two companies are also planning overseas business development utilizing the global network of Sojitz, NISSHO's parent company.
"The establishment of the J Network Initiative reinforces Juniper's increased focus on the enterprise and data center markets in Japan and represents an exciting opportunity to further strengthen our presence in the country. We are pleased to deepen our longstanding relationship with NISSHO ELECTRONICS, whose proven networking expertise will accelerate sales and services for Japanese enterprise customers."
- Kanaiya Vasani, vice president, Corporate Business Development, Juniper Networks
"With the J Network Initiative, we look forward to extending Juniper's high-performance networking solutions to the Japanese enterprise market. By bringing together experienced engineers from both NISSHO ELECTRONICS and Juniper, our two companies will strengthen consulting and maintenance services and deliver even more enhanced customer service and comprehensive technical support."
- Koji Makino, Director and Managing Executive Officer, NISSHO ELECTRONICS
- Learn more about Juniper Enterprise products: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/solutions/enterprise/
- Read more about Juniper on our blog: www.juniper.net/networkahead
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JuniperSecurity
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About NISSHO ELECTRONICS
NISSHO ELECTRONICS, a subsidiary of Sojitz Corporation, became the first corporate reseller of Juniper Networks for the Japan market in 1998. NISSHO ELECTRONICS provides Juniper Networks products and support capabilities to a large number of customers both in service provider and enterprise markets, gained through years of networking experience. The NETFrontier Center is NISSHO ELECTRONICS' technical service center which facilitates comprehensive technical support. NISSHO ELECTRONICS was awarded Juniper's "Asia-Pacific Regional Operations Specialist of the Year" award in 2010 and 2009, presented to the Asia-Pacific partner that made the biggest contribution to the promotion of Juniper Networks products. Additional information can be found at NISSHO ELECTRONICS (www.nissho-ele.co.jp ).
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.