When: December 5 – 8, 2011
Where: Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
Who: NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, today announced the company will exhibit at the Gartner Data Center Conference 2011, as part of NTT Communications’ silver sponsorship of the event.
What: Executives from NTT America’s Data Center Services Business Unit will be on-hand at NTT Communications booth number 20 to discuss the evolution of NTT America’s cloud services to help customers stay ahead of the curve, and the company’s investment in green data centers in support of enterprise customers’ attention to energy efficiency both from the environmental and cost reduction avenues.
2011 Cloud Services Highlights
- Launched in April, NTT America’s cloud services are designed for large enterprises that need to seamlessly integrate the flexibility and cost savings of the cloud while maintaining high levels of security for their enterprise applications.
- With NTT America’s VMware vCloud® Powered status, customers of NTT America have the ability to move workloads from their private cloud environment to the VMware vCloud Powered service and back again.
- With the launch of the Global Enterprise Portal, NTT Communications offers a single site for enterprise IT administrators to access their NTT Communications services, including cloud computing, managed storage and security, network, colocation, and managed hosting. Administrators also have access to a variety of productivity enhancing features.
- Expansion of cloud services portfolio with business continuity services built for the enterprise, including cloud backup powered by Asigra, long-term data archiving and compliance
- Selection of SecureCloud from Trend Micro as the data encryption solution of choice for enterprise customers using NTT America’s cloud computing platform, and addition of SecureCloud to NTT America’s portfolio of hosted services offered to customers in the Americas
2011 Green Data Center Highlights
- Deployment of fuel cells producing clean, reliable electricity from renewable biogas at NTT America’s San Jose Data Center: As part of several broad energy efficiency initiatives, NTT America continually monitors advancements in energy conservation technologies and chose Bloom Energy’s proven fuel cell technology, running on directed biogas, as the best choice to minimize its carbon footprint and decrease the amount of electricity pulled from the public grid, while at the same time reducing operating costs.
- Deployment of dynamic cooling controls with an intelligent energy management system in NTT America’s two largest North American data centers: The Vigilent Intelligent Energy Management Systems use continuous feedback and artificial intelligence to make optimal cooling system adjustments, cutting energy costs and significantly reducing the energy required to cool the data centers.
Why: The Gartner Data Center Conference is one of the most comprehensive compilations of sessions and advice on the future of the data center. The conference offers the latest actionable insights and best practices in all areas affecting the data center – real-time infrastructure to servers and storage to business continuity and disaster recovery.
Event Information: For more information on the Gartner Data Center Conference 2011, please visit: www.gartner.com/us/datacenter.
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America