Innovative Solutions by Seattle Children’s and Diebold, Incorporated improved information delivery enhanced business efficiency, reduced IT costs
SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 9, 2011 – Cisco will host a live Internet TV broadcast featuring executives from Seattle Children’s and Diebold, Incorporated, discussing their breakthrough desktop virtualization deployments. The two organizations will provide insights into how their use of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) as a platform for virtual desktops is delivering strategic value to their organizations. Recent studies reveal rapid acceleration of the hosted virtual desktop market which is expected to reach 70 million units, or 15 percent of all enterprise desktops and laptops by 2014.
Special guests for this show include:
- Wes Wright, CTO of Seattle Children’s, will discuss his organization’s adoption of Cisco UCS and desktop virtualization to increase IT efficiency in support of clinicians providing child health care services.
- JakeHughes, Chief Technical Architect for Infrastructure Systems at Seattle Children’s, will describe how his organization uses Cisco UCS to power 6000 virtual desktops throughout its organization. Hughes will discuss how the adoption of the Cisco VXI desktop virtualization solution transformed their patient care model so doctors and nurses are spending more time with patients and less time interacting with technology.
- Mark Kropf, Emerging Technologies, Diebold, Incorporated, will explain how Diebold designed an industry-first virtualized ATM prototype leveraging desktop virtualization technology implemented on Cisco UCS and describe how the solution enables new business models.
- Soni Jiandani, Cisco senior vice president, Server Access and Virtualization Technology Group, will host the discussion and provide an update on the rapid adoption of UCS and significant milestones achieved since Cisco entered the data center server market two years ago.
When: Wednesday, December 14, 12 noon PST
Where: To view the program, visit www.ustream.tv/ciscotv. Registration is not required, and the program is also available for re-play at the same link.
Interviews: To schedule press interviews, please e-mail Sandra Livinghouse at email@example.com or dial (408) 358-4709.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Nexus and Cisco Unified Computing Systemare registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
- Sandra LivinghouseCisco Systems, Inc.(408) firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations Contacts
- John ChoiCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 526 email@example.com
Industry Analyst Relations
- Jesse FreundCisco Systems, Inc.(510) firstname.lastname@example.org