Cisco Connected Stadium Provides a Single Platform to Simplify Operations and Enhance the Overall Spectator Experience
WARSAW, Poland, Nov. 21, 2011 – At the 10th anniversary of its annual Cisco Expo conference in Poland, Cisco announced that Warsaw’s brand-new National Stadium, one of the venues for next year’s UEFA EURO 2012TM European Football Championship, is implementing the Cisco© Connected Stadium solution.
The state-of-the-art customized Internet Protocol (IP) network for sports and entertainment venues will allow organizers, players and fans to benefit from the latest information and communication technology solutions.
With a Cisco Connected Stadium foundation in place, Warsaw’s 58,000-seat National Stadium, a world-class multifunctional venue for large-scale sports and entertainment events, will have a single converged platform that integrates building management, access, communication, operations and entertainment systems.
The Cisco network was designed to deliver simplified operations, resulting in significant efficiencies and enhanced business flexibility. It will also help enable the delivery of new services and experiences and commercial opportunities for the National Stadium.
Key facts, highlights:
· During next year’s UEFA EURO 2012TM European Football Championship, the National Stadium will host not only the opening match, along with an official ceremony, but also three group matches, one quarterfinal and one semifinal.
· The Connected Stadium solution was custom-designed to provide wired and wireless access and data transmission from several systems, including ticketing and cashless payment, and is optimized for video transmission from hundreds of video surveillance cameras installed inside the stadium. It also supports the communication system, which features Cisco Unified IP Phones, video phones and integrated intercom and video intercom systems to enhance communication and collaboration capabilities.
· In order to create a more pleasurable environment for all spectators that visit the National Stadium, all safety and security systems, including video surveillance, ticket inspection and access control will be centrally managed over the same Connected Stadium Network. In addition, building management systems, such as lighting, ventilation and temperature control, are integrated on the network to maximize operational efficiency opportunities.
· The design and implementation, as well as ongoing support and maintenance is carried out by NextiraOne, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner in Poland. The network was designed in a highly scalable fashion, allowing for future expansions and adding of new services and features.
· The stadium’s IT team is supported by Cisco specialists from Cisco Advanced Services’ Network Optimization Service (NOS). These NOS engineers are able to remotely monitor the National Stadium network, make improvements to the software and advise on how to optimize network performance in real-time.
· Dariusz Fabiszewski, general manager, Cisco Poland
“Modern stadiums no longer serve just as a backdrop for sports events, but are offering new, more engaging experiences for visitors and new business opportunities for owners and operators. At the National Stadium in Warsaw, technology is a key differentiator, and the Cisco Connected Stadium foundation will deliver added value for organizers, business partners, sponsors and spectators alike.”
· Anabelle Pinto, director, Global Markets, Cisco Sports and Entertainment Group
“Cisco is focused on delivering a full experience platform and set of interactive solutions – including industry expertise, services and advanced technologies to optimize the game and event experience. It is this combination that addresses the unique business needs of sports and entertainment properties. With a Cisco Connected Stadium network, the Warsaw National Stadium is also positioned to easily adapt to technology innovations and evolving fan needs for years to come.”
Tags, Keywords: National Stadium, Cisco, Poland, Cisco Connected Stadium
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
· For more information on Cisco Sports and Entertainment solutions, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/sports
# # #
Cisco, (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. More information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com and Cisco Sports and Entertainmnt can be located at http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/sports/index.html: For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Poland is provided by Cisco International Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Investor Relations Contacts
- Matthew HardwickCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 8824 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Sharon RobinsonCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 email@example.com