Juniper Networks® WLA532 Delivers a High Performance, Energy Efficient Wireless Solution, Bolsters Simply Connected Portfolio
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced the Juniper Networks WLA532, a new 3-stream 802.11n wireless access point designed to increase network capacity for high-density Wi-Fi environments, such as educational institutions and medical facilities where handling large, time-sensitive traffic flows from multi-media applications is critical.
The Juniper Networks WLA532, a member of the WLA Series and an addition to Juniper's Simply Connected Portfolio, ensures predictable, uninterrupted connectivity through periods of intense wireless activity caused when high volumes of users need simultaneous access to bandwidth-intensive applications via mobile devices like iPads, smart phones and laptops.
The WLA532 comes complete with a range of advanced bandwidth and interference management, power savings and security features required for seamless, efficient and secure access in these demanding and critical environments.
- Higher WLAN capacity at a lower cost: The WLA532 offers 50 percent more capacity and delivers a 40 percent improvement in performance over previous generation 11n Access Points (APs), requiring fewer APs per floor and improved overall WLAN reliability.
- Reduced energy consumption: The WLA532 reduces power consumption by up to 10 percent via the auto power-off feature integrated into Power over Ethernet (PoE) delivery.
- Increased reliability and fewer IT support calls: The WLA532 provides IT departments with full visibility and access into wireless network interference sources via Juniper's Spectrum Analysis capabilities for planning and provisioning during the WLAN planning cycle. In addition, the new device improves overall WiFi network reliability and reduces IT staff cycles as access point deployment is performed around known interference sources.
- Enhanced Security to protect business communications: The WLA532 supports Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for ensuring authenticity and integrity of both hardware and software. It also supports wired-crypto acceleration for secure high-speed links to remote WLAN sites.
- Sleek design: The most compact 3-stream 802.11n WLAN wireless access point available today, the WLA532 offers support for concurrent data services and WiFi spectrum analysis. Unique features include load balancing capabilities across both 2.4GHz & 5GHz radios due to unique internal antenna design packaged in an easy to install form factor.
- Available today, the WLA532 is priced at $1,095.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
"Juniper's Simply Connected approach to campus networking is a way for us to meet the demand for fast and reliable wireless access that we're seeing on campus today. The decision to migrate to a campus-wide WLA532 deployment also made complete sense having already benefited from Juniper's switching and routing solutions."
- Sean O'Connor, Assistant CIO, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
"The trend of bringing your own device into the campus or workplace has resulted in an exponential wireless traffic load for IT managers to prepare for. High density, high speed client environments such as universities and hospitals in particular need to enable secure, fast and reliable wireless access. The WLA532 expands Juniper's wireless enterprise portfolio and gives customers the highest performance and simplest way to connect."
- Steve Troyer, Vice President, Wireless Product Management, Juniper Networks
- Photos and Graphics
- WLA Series Wireless Access Points Datasheet [ 951 KB ]
- Relevant Juniper Blog
- Juniper.Net Community
- Juniper on Twitter
- Juniper on Facebook
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.