Seventh time that AT&T makes the GI Jobs list
Dallas, Texas, November 15, 2011
GI Jobs magazine has once again designated AT&T as a 2012 Top Military Friendly Employer®. This marks the seventh time the company has been included in the Top 100 Military Friendly Employers® list, which was drawn from a sample of 5,000 companies whose annual revenues exceeded $500 million. Criteria included the strength of company military recruiting efforts, the percentage of new hires with prior military service, retention programs, and company policies toward National Guard and Reserve service.
For decades AT&T has aggressively recruited military talent from both enlisted and officer ranks, as the technical skills and leadership experience gained in the military transfer well to the company.
AT&T provides numerous resources to its military employees, including differential pay and benefits options to employees and their families.
- Through AT&T’s military specific career portal (www.att.jobs/military) the company provides numerous resources to veterans seeking civilian employment, such as the AT&T Careers4Vets program, which connects interested veterans with mentors to assist in the job search process, and the Military Skills Translator which enables veterans to use their current Military Occupation Code/Military Occupation Specialty to find civilian jobs at AT&T.
- AT&T was one of the first 10 companies to join the 100,000 Jobs Mission, an effort to hire military members leaving active duty service and veterans, announced by JPMorgan Chase in March 2011.
- AT&T Veterans, one of the company’s 11 employee resource groups, provides networking and mentoring opportunities for veterans employed at AT&T.
- AT&T recently contributed $50,000 and offered 50 volunteers to mentor returning veterans through American Corporate Partners, a nationwide mentoring program dedicated to helping veterans adjust from life in the armed services to the civilian workforce.
- AT&T’s Supplier Diversity organization recently graduated the first class of participants in AT&T Operation Hand Salute, a year-long mentoring program helping disabled-veteran business enterprises gain the skills and certification they need to bid for and secure corporate contracts.
“We are honored to be recognized for our efforts to help veterans transition back into civilian life,” said Debbie Storey, senior vice president of talent development and chief diversity officer. “Helping veterans is part of our overall support of people in the military, both during and after their service.”
AT&T’s support of people in the military includes:
- Building about 70 calling centers in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan.
- Donating nearly $8 million worth of pre-paid calling cards for military personnel.
- Offering a 15 percent discount on qualified monthly wireless plans to honorably discharged veterans as well as retired and active-duty service men and women.
- Supporting meaningful programs that provide free streaming video for deployed military personnel to communicate with their families.
For employment opportunities at AT&T visit http://att.com.jobs/military
About GI Jobs
The Top 100 Military Friendly Employers® list is published each December in G.I. Jobs magazine, and on www.gijobs.com. G.I. Jobs (www.gijobs.com) is published 12 times per year by Victory Media, a veteran-owned business. The company also publishes The Guide to Military Friendly Schools®.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.