Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite Enables Enterprise to Support “Bring Your Own Device” Trend
MUMBAI, India, Nov. 23, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has provided a secure, multi-platform remote network access solution to the Essar Group, a multinational conglomerate with interests in steel, oil and gas, power, business process outsourcing, ports, shipping and infrastructure development.
Deployment of the Juniper Networks® Junos® Pulse Mobile Security Suite and Juniper Networks SA Series SSL VPN Appliances – initially in India – enables Essar to provide remote and mobile employees, customers and partners with anytime, anywhere secure SSL VPN access to corporate network resources and applications from a wide range of mobile devices. The Juniper Networks® Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite – which integrates mobile security, secure connectivity and mobile device management – supports the adoption of a "bring your own device" policy for Essar employees.
- Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite protects smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices running most major mobile operating systems from viruses, malware, loss or theft, physical compromise, and other exploits and threats.
- The SA Series appliances deliver secure, mobile remote access and connectivity with best-in-class performance, scalability, and redundancy for organizations requiring high-volume secure remote VPN access and authorization.
- The Essar Group is leveraging a network of more than 1,000 mobile device retail outlets to support the rollout of Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite to smartphones owned by employees and other target users.
Essar Group and Juniper Quotes
"We have over 75,000 employees worldwide and a rapidly increasing number of them have IP-enabled mobile devices. Our vision is to enable 'bring your own device' access to corporate applications — not just for employees but partners and customers, too. It's an ambitious agenda but Juniper Networks' robust, secure mobility solution makes it possible for us to achieve, securing connectivity and access to our networks from secure, managed mobile devices."
- Jayantha Prabhu, chief technology officer, Essar Group
"The Essar Group recognizes that pervasive mobility presents an immense business opportunity, provided it is properly managed. That means being able to deploy and enforce defined security policies across all devices attached to the network, and enabling simple, customized user experiences and access for diverse user groups. Junos Pulse makes that possible in a highly integrated and manageable way."
- Sanjay Beri, vice president and general manager, Junos Pulse Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.