Frost & Sullivan recognizes ADTRAN’s Carrier Ethernet portfolio for enabling service providers to deliver Ethernet Services Everywhere
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Nov 07, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) —
ADTRAN(R), Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN, news, filings), a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions, today announced that Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, has recognized ADTRAN with its prestigious 2011 North American Carrier Ethernet Access Product Leadership Award. Based on its analysis of the Carrier Ethernet market, Frost & Sullivan determined that ADTRAN’s Carrier Ethernet portfolio uniquely enables service providers to accelerate revenue generating Carrier Ethernet service delivery across any access network from a common service platform.
ADTRAN’s Carrier Ethernet portfolio includes the Total Access(R) 5000 Ethernet aggregation platform, the NetVanta(R) series of Carrier Ethernet access gateways, and the Advanced Operational Environment (AOE) family of service management solutions. ADTRAN’s broad Carrier Ethernet portfolio enables service providers to serve a wide variety of key vertical markets by removing access network hurdles to accelerate next generation applications.
“Frost & Sullivan research reveals that ADTRAN’s Carrier Ethernet portfolio has been immensely successful in the marketplace. ADTRAN is able to address its customers’ tactical and strategic deployment challenges based on the breadth of interfaces supported on the Total Access 5000. The company is also able to address all access network types, supported by an innovative service management environment,” said Prayerna Raina, senior analyst, Frost & Sullivan. “ADTRAN offers the broadest and most comprehensive product lines on the market for Carrier Ethernet service delivery; as such, we are proud to name the company as the recipient of the 2011 Frost & Sullivan Product Leadership Award.”
In addition to lauding the company for accelerating the adoption of Carrier Ethernet services, Frost & Sullivan also finds that ADTRAN has gone above and beyond with the completeness of the portfolio to include unique and patented features to more broadly address the Carrier Ethernet service market:
- Frost & Sullivan finds the Total Access 5000 to be very well adapted to support the migration in the mobile backhaul network with its support for multiple service types over multiple media.
- The ADTRAN solution is recognized for its innovative approach to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and network capacity management that involves a proactive approach to ensuring SLA performance, resulting in a time-saving approach to service management.
- Frost & Sullivan also highlights ADTRAN’s Advanced Operational Environment (AOE) service management environment for closely aligning with the service provider’s operational processes of service activation, assurance, and network capacity and planning.
- The Total Access 5000 was singled out as having the broadest range of service scale, designed to deliver sub-1Mbps via Ethernet, Frame Relay, and PPP up to multiple 10Gbps Ethernet and Optical Transport Network (OTN) services via packet optics.
- Frost & Sullivan recognizes ADTRAN’s relentless pursuit of product quality, highlighted by ADTRAN’s industry-leading warranty that drives the development of high-quality, innovative products.
“ADTRAN is committed to delivering a complete and innovative Carrier Ethernet solution to bring all access deployment types through a common platform and is the driving force behind our vision of helping service providers reach any customer, over any network,” said Kurt Raaflaub, Ethernet and Optical Solutions Marketing, ADTRAN’s Carrier Networks Division. “We are honored that Frost & Sullivan has recognized our commitment to enabling service providers to accelerate their delivery of scalable Carrier Ethernet services.”
Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company’s Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO’s Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment, with a portfolio of more than 1,700 solutions. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video, and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide.
SOURCE: ADTRAN, Inc.
Connect2 Communications, Inc. for ADTRAN, Inc. Joyce Wady, 919-435-9120 JWady@connect2comm.com