Trend Micro™ SecureCloud™, an Encryption and Policy-Based Key Management Solution for Virtual and Cloud Environments, Secures Sensitive Data
New York, NY – October 3, 2011 – NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, today announced the company has selected SecureCloud from Trend Micro (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704) to provide data protection for enterprise customers using NTT America’s private cloud computing platform. Using encryption with policy-based key management and unique server validation, SecureCloud is designed to protect sensitive data stored in NTT America’s cloud computing platforms. This protection is also available for hybrid cloud environments which utilize NTT America’s private cloud.
Key Benefits of SecureCloud
· SecureCloud is the data encryption solution of choice for NTT America’s VMware vCloud Director-based private cloud and is part of NTT America’s portfolio of hosted services offered to customers in the Americas.
· According to analysts, enterprise clients’ top concerns when implementing cloud computing remain security of service and data location, and privacy or access concerns to their data. SecureCloud was designed to directly address these concerns by alleviating data security, privacy and compliance risks associated with deploying information into a private cloud-computing environment.
· SecureCloud’s patent-pending approach integrates unique policy-based key management, industry-standard encryption and virtual-server validation to safely and easily deploy data into private cloud environments. This lightweight approach enables cloud users to secure sensitive information without having to install a more complex secure file infrastructure.
· Customers are provided with detailed reporting and access to alert features for both interval- and incident-based notifications.
· SecureCloud uses identity- and integrity-based policy enforcement to ensure only authorized virtual machines receive keys and access secure volumes.
Key Benefits of NTT America Private Cloud
· NTT America was one of the first companies to launch a global private cloud hosting solution, which provides customers with additional levels of flexibility to meet computing capacity needs on demand.
· NTT America Private Cloud empowers companies to fully control their own infrastructure resources by creating customized computing resources or virtual data centers for each customer. Through NTT America’s Global Enterprise Portal, end-users have the ability to create, use and manage virtual machines and virtual applications to optimize computing resources.
· A utility-based computing solution, NTT America Private Cloud is designed for large enterprises that need to seamlessly integrate the flexibility and cost savings of the cloud while maintaining high levels of security for their enterprise applications.
· With the NTT America Private Cloud, companies can leverage global infrastructure and data centers in the United States, Europe and Asia, providing a cost-effective solution to meet demand for unprecedented bandwidth speed and capacity. The data centers are located in major metropolitan areas in the United States, Europe and Asia.
· NTT America offers multiple layers of physical and logical security, as well as guaranteed availability SLAs with each environment, to address the security and uptime requirements of mission critical applications.
· NTT America’s Private Cloud enables a Hybrid Cloud solution whereby customers can move workloads between the enterprise’s private cloud inside their protected firewall and the private cloud resources the enterprise operates within the NTT America data center.
“Security is one of the most important issues for our enterprise customers’ private cloud computing environments. Their data is their livelihood, and adding the integrity- and identity-based policy enforcement offered by Trend Micro SecureCloud to securely encrypt their cloud-based data provides enterprise IT managers with yet another layer of protection,” noted Craig Hurley, senior product manager, NTT America Data Center Services.
“We are pleased that NTT America, a company recognized globally for its leading management solutions and IT services, has selected Trend Micro SecureCloud to be included as part of NTT America’s hosted services for cloud environments,” said Gavin Hill, senior product manager, data center security for Trend Micro. “Together, the two companies will work to ensure and secure enterprises’ journey into the cloud and make cloud implementations even safer and more secure.”
· NTT Communications Corporation: www.ntt.com/index-e.html
· NTT America: www.us.ntt.com
· NTT America Data Center Services: www.dedicatedserver.com
· NTT America Data Center Services Overview (PDF)
· NTT America Private Cloud Webpage
· NTT America Private Cloud Datasheet (PDF)
· NTT America Hybrid Cloud Webpage
· NTT America Hybrid Cloud Datasheet (PDF)
· NTT America SecureCloud Datasheet (PDF)
· Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service and Web Hosting Gartner RAS Core Research Note G00209074
Join NTT America on Facebook athttp://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America and LinkedIn athttp://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
LinkedIn Profile of NTT America Spokesperson
Craig Hurley, Senior Product Manager http://www.linkedin.com/pub/craig-hurley/1/576/a73
NTT America welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
NTT, NYSE NTT, NTT Communications, NTT Com, NTT America, NTT America Enterprise Cloud, NTT America Private Cloud, NTT America Data Center Services, data center services, data center, cloud, enterprise cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, public cloud, cloud hosting, cloud security, security, enterprise security, data protection, data encryption, key encryption, server validation, virtualization, Gartner, VMware, vCloud Powered, Trend Micro, SecureCloud
About NTT America Private Cloud
For more information about NTT Communications’ U.S.-based cloud computing product offerings, please visit NTT America or call 1-888-EH-1STOP (341-7867).
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web atwww.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges.
Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America