In Keynote Address, Juniper Networks Senior Vice President Rami Rahim to Discuss Benefits of Programmable Networks in Solving the Key Challenges of Global Service Providers
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 7, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it will highlight new networking technologies and protocols designed to significantly improve network flexibility and programmability during the Carrier Ethernet World Congress, taking place in Amsterdam, Oct. 10-13.
On Monday, Oct. 10, Juniper will host a workshop on architecting the network to create new business opportunities for service providers. The workshop will feature presentations from Juniper executives and leading service providers including TELUS and UPC Broadband. Together with Juniper Networks Alliance Partner Nokia Siemens Networks, the workshop will also provide an overview of the new release 3.0 capabilities of the joint Carrier Ethernet Transport solution as a foundation for deploying new services. Additional information on the workshop is available here .
At booth #47, Juniper Networks will showcase a “service provider in a rack,” including next-generation switching and routing platforms powered by the Junos® operating system. The demonstration will feature:
- Juniper Networks® T4000 Core Router with IP/MPLS capable standards-based 100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, essential for supporting video, advanced wireless and cloud computing services;
- Juniper Networks MX 3D Universal Edge Routers, supporting a demonstration of a bandwidth calendaring application using the OpenFlow protocol; and
- Juniper Networks Media Flow Solution, the industry’s only content delivery, distribution and caching solution purpose-built to address new media delivery challenges.
Juniper Networks Executive Keynotes:
- On Tues., Oct. 11, Rami Rahim, Juniper Networks senior vice president and general manager of the Edge and Aggregation Business Unit, will deliver a keynote address on the importance of network programmability and a vibrant developer ecosystem in streamlining network management and operations and accelerating new service deployment.
- On Wed., Oct. 12, Luc Ceuppens, Juniper Networks vice president of product marketing for the Platform Systems Division, will deliver a keynote address on combining a universal service-rich edge with cost-optimized core transport to create the optimal network infrastructure for service providers.
Carrier Ethernet World Congress , which is co-hosted with the Transport Network Strategies conference, will take place at the Hotel Okura in Amsterdam. Held annually since 2004, Carrier Ethernet World Congress is the largest conference and exhibition for the Ethernet networking and services industry.
To arrange press and analyst briefings, please contact Penny Still (email@example.com) or Pelin Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date