Cisco and Jordan's Information and Communications Technology Association (int@j) Join Forces to Enhance the Capability of Jordan's Healthcare Technology Sector
DEAD SEA, Jordan, 28 October 2011: His Majesty King Abdullah II of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and John Chambers, chairman and CEO of Cisco formally inaugurated Jordan's first Healthcare ICT Task Force at a session, held alongside the World Economic Forum Middle East 2011 at the Dead Sea, Jordan.
A joint effort by Cisco, King Abdullah II Fund for Development (KAFD), and Jordan's Information and Communications Technology Association (int@j), the Jordan Healthcare ICT Task Force is an open forum of Jordanian Health Information Communications Technology (ICT) companies under the umbrella of int@j. The Task Force's main objective is to advance Jordan's healthcare ICT cluster capacity and promote Jordanian healthcare ICT technologies and companies on a local, regional, and international level. Cisco's role will be to help guide, mentor, and support the Task Force's programs.
The Task Force was launched at a special roundtable session on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum Jordan 2011 at the Dead Sea, with the participation of Cisco healthcare solution executives and Jordanian healthcare ICT technology companies executives. Discussions focused on the potential and future opportunities in healthcare ICT in the region and globally, including high level future plans. The session also included an exchange on the progress made in Jordan's "Hakeem" program, run by Electronic Health Solutions (EHS) a non-profit company aiming to computerize the public health sector in Jordan.
The inauguration roundtable session also witnessed the presentation of "Al Hussein Decoration for Distinguished Contribution of the First Degree" to Cisco's Chairman and CEO, John Chambers by His Majesty King Abdullah II, in recognition of his continuous efforts and commitment to strengthen Jordan's education and ICT sectors.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Globally, key trends are individually and collectively redefining the world of healthcare: aging population; shortage in key specialties; affordability crisis; new uses of IT; privacy and security concerns; focus on wellness. Key participants in the healthcare ecosystem will need to adapt to the changes driven by these trends.
- The Task Force aims to promote knowledge sharing and marketing for companies under the umbrella of the Jordan Healthcare ICT Task Force cluster, as well as help to accelerate the growth of Jordan's healthcare ICT companies as a forum for joint collaboration and cooperation. It also aims to create a point of reference for global and regional leaders wishing to partner with Jordan's Healthcare ICT cluster.
- Task Force activities will include, amongst other initiatives, assessing Jordan's healthcare delivery system position relative to the region and globally in healthcare ICT technologies. It will also develop mentorship programs to link Jordanian companies with innovative and leading global healthcare ICT brands; and develop a forum to enable cluster companies to advance and innovate through current opportunities and future trends in Healthcare ICT Technologies globally. Regular healthcare ICT boot camps for cluster members will be hosted by leading healthcare ICT companies from around the globe.
- Cisco's goal from this partnership is to provide support and thought leadership to technology firms in Jordan that are designing and deploying solutions that enhance the quality of healthcare service providers. Cisco aims to promote their growth and success whether they are focused on improved access to care, better quality of care, increased productivity and workflow efficiency, or better access to information.
- Industry experts predict that three technology ‘big bets' will transform the healthcare industry:
o Healthcare cloud- the growth of cloud computing and the ability to deliver intelligence at scale will enable disruptive business models through healthcare exchange.
o Mobility- explosive mobile device and data growth will change healthcare delivery and drive new behaviors for clinicians and patients .
o Collaboration- collaborative technology in areas such as clinical workflow, tele-health, and knowledge sharing, will improve access to healthcare, increase the efficiency of care delivery, and make healthcare more affordable.
- Mohammad Tahboub, chairman of the Information Technology Association of Jordan, Int@j
"The taskforce will be focused on achieving multiple objectives, including rapidly replicating the Hakeem programme nationwide and positioning Jordan as a regional hub for ICT solutions in the healthcare sector.The taskforce, a joint effort by Cisco, King Abdullah II Fund for Development (KAFD), and Jordan's Information and Communications Technology Association (int@j), is an open forum of Jordanian Health Information Communications Technology (ICT) companies under the umbrella of int@j. The Task Force's main objective is to advance Jordan's healthcare ICT cluster capacity and promote Jordanian healthcare ICT technologies and companies on a local, regional, and international level."
- John Chambers, chairman and CEO, Cisco
"As a worldwide leader in networking, Cisco is well positioned to improve the future of healthcare through networked technologies that transform how people connect, access information, and collaborate. Our goal is for Cisco to lead the transformation in the healthcare industry's complex transition. Our strategy is to be an essential partner and enabler for the entire healthcare ecosystem by working with customers and innovators to enhance the patient experience, streamline processes, and provide innovative technologies that empower care team collaboration and business efficiency from end-to-end. We strongly believe that through our collaboration with int@j the Jordan Healthcare ICT Task Force will enable accelerated growth of healthcare technology firms in Jordan."
Note to Editors:
Current Healthcare ICT Taskforce companies include:
- Altibbi.com:Online Arabic Portal of Health related information on diseases and medical information.
- In4ma:Implementing Doctors and e-prescription online and mobile application
- Adaptive Tech Soft:Hospital management application implemented in majority of hospitals in Jordan and a good number in the region
- Optimiza:Hospital management application implemented in hospitals in the region
- Nat Health:Health insurance claim processing platform in a number of countries in the region
- SSS Process:Health network focusing on medical records sharing
- KeySoft:Health insurance claim processing platform implemented in Germany and expanding
- Electronic Health Solutions (EHS)is a non-profit leader in the field of health technology aiming to computerize the public health sector in Jordan, in order to increase the effectiveness of medical management and the achievement of radical development in the health care provided to patients. It also aims to reach the best international standards and to ensure economic efficiency. The company was founded to work on the employment of the latest technology and the application of concepts and best health practices to improve the quality of health services in Jordan and to increase its efficiency. "Hakeem" is one of the Electronic Health Solutions programs and the first national initiative to computerize the health sector in Jordan, where the program was launched late 2009 under the patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein and aims to provide the effective and developed health care for patients.
- Eskadenia:Health Insurance management platform and developing a portal to connect the health pyramid stakeholders together
- Savvytek:Developing a comprehensive health-services portal, based on a national databank that lays out the foundation of the smart-card system in Jordan. A health record information management system is planned to evolve into a knowledge-based health component, too.
- IV Holding:Early stage investment arm of Accelerator Technology Holdings, brings on-the-ground experience in deal flow and investment management expertise.
- Y-Consult:Developed a full mapping of processes for hospital operations including full supply chain.
- SEDCO Systems:Provides Patient Management System (Queuing) and integrates with the hospital system to provide better service for the patients.
- E-Tech Systems:Provides content management solutions especially targeted and customized for health system providers
- Esense Software:Researching the potential for healthcare in the region and looking for partners.
- SigmaSoft: Focuses on Health automation solutions in Medical Records Management Systems and real-time patient monitoring systems.
- Tibna:Developing a web based application that facilitates the integration between the healthcare providers and the health insurance companies by automating the process of claims acceptance
Links / URLs:
- Middle East News: http://newsroom.cisco.com/me
The Information Technology Association of Jordan (int@j) was founded in the year 2000 as an industry-support association for Jordan's ICT sector. Building on the nation's core asset of highly educated and skilled human resources, int@j envisages for Jordan's ICT sector to establish the position of a leading regional ICT hub and an internationally recognized exporter of ICT products and services. int@j's mission is to advance and promote the constituents it represents in both, the local and global markets. The association realizes its mission through positively influencing policy and legislation, offering capacities building programs, carrying out local and regional marketing activities, and providing members with value-added services that help them grow and prosper. Over the years, int@j expanded its mandate to include ICT Enabled Services (ICTES), thus extending its support to organizations that largely base their business model on technology and communications. This strategic expansion came as a natural outcome of the ICT sector's success; following an initial period of developing core technologies, entrepreneurs seized valuable business opportunities that became gradually available, and launched enterprises that create additional jobs, generate exports, and attract investments. To name a few, Call Centers, Support Desks, and other Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) models are amongst those enterprises that have been integrated within int@j's circle of constituents. For more details visit: http://www.intaj.net/
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Rose BambiCisco Systems, Inc.+44 7770 firstname.lastname@example.org