October 6, 2011 - San Jose, CA
The networking industry is polarizing into two distinct camps: vendors, such as HP, who evangelize “good enough” networks, and those who invest in “next-generation” networks. While the “good enough” camp would like customers to believe the true cost of a networking solution is only the upfront equipment-purchase cost, Cisco will debunk that myth and present why total cost of ownership (TCO) is the only way to measure the true cost of a network.
During a live, interactive IPTV session on Monday, Oct. 10, Cisco's Ross Fowler, worldwide vice president, Cisco Borderless Networks, and Jesper Andersen, senior vice president, Cisco Network Management Technology Group, will discuss new research that unearths the real cost of building, operating and managing networks based on Cisco and HP solutions.
The event will also include Xerox’s vice president of Global Workplace and Infrastructure Services, Paul Russello, who will discuss how Cisco’s network innovations enable the organization to reduce TCO and deliver transformational business benefits.
What: A live, global IPTV broadcast and interactive Q&A session to discuss:
- How TCO is the best metric for evaluating the true cost of a network solution
- The real cost difference between HP and Cisco networks
- How innovations in the network help organizations reduce TCO, achieve new business opportunities and remain competitive in an ever-changing environment
- How the strategic role of the network has never been more critical
- Ross Fowler, worldwide vice president, Cisco Borderless Networks
- Jesper Andersen, senior vice president, Cisco Network Management Technology Group
- Paul Russello, vice president, Global Workplace and Infrastructure Services, Xerox
When: Monday, Oct. 10, 2011, at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time
Where:To register for the webcast click here.
A replay of the webcast will be available approximately 24 hours after the webcast.
- For additional information on the Good-Enough Network campaign, click here.
- Follow the Twitter conversation at #HPnotless
- Read the blog discussing the flaws in HP’s pricing strategy: HP’s Trojan Horse
- For direct RSS Feeds of all Cisco news, please visit "News@Cisco."
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Gareth PettigrewCisco Systems, Inc.firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations Contacts
- Marilyn MoraCisco Systems, Inc.+1 408 527 email@example.com
Industry Analyst Relations
- Ranmalee DharmasenaCisco Systems, Inc.+44 (0)20 firstname.lastname@example.org