New services meet the unique, personal communications needs of end-users
GAITHERSBURG, MD, October 17, 2011 – BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ:BSFT, news, filings) today announced enhancements to its growing Unified Communications (UC) capabilities that will enable global service providers to customize their market offers in order to meet the growing variety of communications options required by enterprises of all sizes.
- BroadWorks BusinessLink - A fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) solution for SIP trunking that extends the features of a PBX to a mobile device, such as extension dialing, attendant console and call recording, without the need for a user to upgrade their handset or download a mobile client.
- BroadCloud Instant Messaging & Presence - A federated service across BroadWorks-enabled service provider networks that allow users to chat individually and in groups. This service integrates a subscriber's desk and mobile phone status, allowing users to know if their colleagues are on the phone, in a meeting or away.*
- BroadWorks Meet-Me Audio Conferencing - A high-definition (HD), scalable and reliable conferencing application, that delivers a superior sound quality experience, supports hundreds of users on a single conference session and offers both reservation-less and scheduled conferencing capabilities.
- BroadCloud Text Messaging - Enables users to send or receive text messages using a fixed-line, work or home number, through an easy-to-use application on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Text messages sent from the application will appear as messages originating from a user's work or home phone number; giving users a single number for both voice and text.** (North America only)
"We continue to extend our UC capabilities to ensure end-users can communicate using the service that best meets a situation, whether voice, text messaging or conferencing, keeping them connected from anywhere," said Michael Tessler, president and chief executive officer, BroadSoft. "Bolstering our unified communications offering enables our global service providers to offer a comprehensive UC solution, tailored to meet the needs of their enterprise customers."
* Commercially available December 2011
** Commercially available November 2011
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by their use of terms and phrases such as "believe," and other similar terms and phrases and include statements regarding the capabilities, and expected benefits to service providers and customers, of the enhancements to the BroadSoft unified communications capabilities. The outcome of the events described in these forward-looking statements is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated by these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to whether the BroadSoft unified communications capabilities thereto will be successfully adopted by service providers and result in benefit to our service provider customers and others, as well as those factors contained in the "Risk Factors" section of BroadSoft's Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 9, 2011, and in BroadSoft's other filings with the SEC. All information in this press release is as of October 17, 2011. Except as required by law, BroadSoft undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement made herein for any reason to conform the statement to actual results or changes in its expectations.
BroadSoft provides software that enables mobile, fixed-line, and cable service providers to deliver voice and multimedia services over their IP-based networks. The Company's software, BroadWorks®, enables service providers to provide enterprises and consumers with a range of cloud-based, or hosted, IP multimedia communications, such as hosted IP private branch exchanges, video calling, unified communications, collaboration and converged mobile and fixed-line services.
BroadSoft and BroadWorks are registered trademarks of BroadSoft, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 240 720 9558
+1 301 775 6203
+44 0 207 751 4444