- Keynote presentations scheduled from ASOS.com, Cisco Systems, EMC Corporation, Ericsson, Facebook, Harley-Davidson, Inc., The Hertz Corporation, IBM, News Corporation, Quanta, Rackspace Hosting
- Registration for customer conference available at: www.akamai.com/edge
CAMBRIDGE, MA – October 3, 2011 – Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM, news, filings), the leading provider of cloud optimization services, announced today the agenda and featured speakers for Akamai Edge 2011, its fourth annual Customer Conference, taking place next week, October 12-14, 2011 at Boston Marriott Copley Place .
Business and technology leaders from Activision Blizzard, Comcast, comScore, Fandango (NBC Universal), Finish Line, Google, Investec, MTV Networks, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Research in Motion, SAP, Shaw Communications, Standard Chartered Bank, Staples, Thomson Reuters, Threadless, Trion World, and many others, are scheduled to present during the three-day conference. The complete agenda can be found at: http://www.akamai.com/html/custconf11/agenda.html.
Participating sponsors include IBM, Rackspace Hosting, Fry, Kit Digital, Terremark, Adobe, BMC Software, Brightcove, Digital Rapids, Elemental, Envivio, Internet Broadcasting, Jive Software, Ooyala, Origin Digital, and Riverbed, among many others.
“This year’s conference will focus on the challenges and best practices for business innovators in today’s hyperconnected world. Interactive technical sessions and case studies will explore strategies for tackling application migration to the cloud, mobile site optimization and performance, security, and the consumption of rich media across any device,” said Brad Rinklin, vice president of Global Marketing & Alliances, Akamai. “We have developed an agenda in cooperation with our customers and partners and look forward to providing a setting where today’s business leaders can gain valuable insight from peers across the industries of media & entertainment, commerce, and enterprise & high tech.”
As the largest annual gathering of Akamai customers, the conference will feature speakers from over 40 companies addressing topics including:
- The Future of Mobile – Connectivity is Key
- Using Cloud-based Security to Safeguard your Organization’s Business Assets
- Entertainment & the Cloud
- Enhancing Your Site with Video
- Planning for the Changing Device Landscape
- Optimizing the Cross Channel Customer Experience
- Advanced Architectures for Application Acceleration
- Media Analytics: Driving Engagement
- TV Everywhere and UltraViolet – Enabling Next-Gen Content Business Models
- Making the Cloud Safe for Cloud Computing
The conference will feature industry and technical tracks, keynotes from Akamai’s executive team, pre-conference technical workshop sessions, and the Akamai ‘In-depth Center’ featuring a live, on-site control room for monitoring real-time conditions across both the Internet and the Akamai Intelligent Platform.
Registered attendees include CEOs, CIOs, eCommerce executives, CTOs, heads of New Media, technical architects, and technology and business strategy executives from some of the world’s largest online brands.
Akamai® provides market-leading, cloud-based services for optimizing Web and mobile content and applications, online HD video, and secure commerce. Combining highly-distributed, energy-efficient computing with intelligent software, Akamai’s global platform is transforming the cloud into a more viable place to inform, entertain, advertise, transact and collaborate. To learn how the world’s leading enterprises are optimizing their business in the cloud, please visit www.akamai.com and follow @Akamai on Twitter.