New Switching, Wireless and Security Products Allow IT Managers to Simplify, Secure and Manage the Wired and Wireless Campus Network
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 28, 2011 — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings) today announced its new 'Simply Connected' portfolio of switching, security and wireless products designed to simplify the wired network and ensure the management and security of all mobile devices in the enterprise. As part of the new networking portfolio, Juniper announced the availability of three new switching products, wireless LAN (WLAN) product innovations, and a comprehensive set of updated Apple iOS and Google Android mobile device security capabilities.
A New Enterprise Network
The diversity and growth of users demanding wireless access to enterprise networks with smartphones, tablets and other devices, presents IT departments with a unique opportunity to migrate beyond legacy networks designed for wired employee PCs. As IT departments struggle to support everyone's wireless device of choice, legacy networks are ill suited to meet the demands of new applications ranging from surveillance to video conferencing to cloud collaboration. Enterprises need an easy, secure, and reliable way to connect everyone's device of choice.
"Students today expect a far more interactive experience in the classroom and lecture hall," said Bruce Griffin, chief technology officer at Ohlone College. "They have high expectations for connectivity and services provided to them across a variety of devices. Juniper has helped us establish a high-performance core network that has the foundations to meet this ongoing demand and grow to scale across new learning spaces."
A Simpler Way to Connect
Juniper's Simply Connected approach to the enterprise embraces two critical concepts; user-centric security and management independent of mobile device brand or type; and the opportunity to re-architect and reduce the network footprint in facilities where the mix of wireless and wired network access is changing. To re-architect the wired network for the next decade, Juniper's Networks® EX Series Ethernet Switches now include Virtual Chassis fabric technology on more platforms to enable multiple interconnected switches to operate as a single, logical device, simplifying the campus wired network and resulting in fewer devices and wires to manage. Juniper's WL family of WLAN controllers, APs and management tools help deliver pervasive wireless access to all campus and branch users with the same level of reliability and control that they expect from the wired network. Juniper Networks SRX Series Service Gateways ensure secure device-agnostic connections. SRX branch gateways combine high port density, advanced security, and flexible connectivity into a single, easily managed platform that supports fast, secure, and highly-available campus and branch operations. In addition, Junos® Pulse enables user device freedom with IT self service in order to secure, manage, and enforce policy across a wide range of popular devices.
"Legacy campus and branch networks are now under a growing strain from the increased number of wireless devices entering the enterprise" said Rohit Mehra, director of enterprise communications infrastructure at IDC. "Juniper's Simply Connected approach helps customers simplify their network infrastructure to meet this new demand."
"It should be simple for individuals to choose and change their devices, simple to securely access their business applications and easy for the IT department to provision one policy per user that works across multiple devices, from tablets to smart phones to PCs," said Alex Gray, senior vice president and general manager, campus and branch business unit, Juniper Networks. "Juniper's Simply Connected approach is designed to meet those needs without compromising IT's requirement to reduce the support burden in the face of new devices, security, reliability and network performance."
New Additions to the Simply Connected Portfolio
As part of the Simply Connected portfolio, Juniper Networks today announced new switching, wireless and security capabilities which include:
- EX6200 Ethernet Switches: The modular, chassis-based EX6200 delivers a scalable, resilient, high-performance wiring closet solution designed to provide extremely high port densities in a space-optimized form factor. The EX6200 will be shipping in Q4 2011.
- EX3300 Ethernet Switches: Available now, The EX3300 line offers a compact, cost-effective, highly scalable solution for supporting the most demanding converged enterprise access environments via Virtual Chassis fabric technology.
- EX2200-C Ethernet Switches: Available now, the fan less, wall-mountable EX2200-C is designed for micro-branch, conference room, or classroom deployments, giving customers the flexibility to deploy a compact, cost effective, switch in their open-space environments.
- WLC880 Wireless LAN Controller: Designed for mainstream wireless deployments at medium to large sites, the WLC880 enables the extension of secure WLAN services to branch offices. Supporting up to 256 access points, the new controller is supported by new system software capabilities, including Juniper Networks Spectrum Management. Ensures over the air reliability on mainstream 802.11n APs including the WLA-522 AP and advanced spectrum planning capability built into the Ringmaster lifecycle management tool set. The WLC880 will be available in October.
- Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite: Enables a secure wireless workforce with an integrated and centrally managed solution for secure network access, anti-malware, anti-theft and remote management features for a wide range of mobile devices. Newly available is the ability for enterprises and service providers with Apple iPhones, iPod touch and iPads to remotely lock and wipe lost or stolen devices, set and enforce security and passcode policies, provision and remove Microsoft Exchange profiles, provision VPN and Wi-Fi settings, inventory device applications and restrict specific apps for iOS devices. Also newly available are full layer 3 SSL VPN as well as automatic application revocation and malware removal without user interaction, for select Google Android-based smartphones and tablets.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.