Operation, administration, maintenance and provisioning for entire GENBAND portfolio united under one system
Frisco, Texas, September 13, 2011 – GENBAND, a leading developer of IP infrastructure and application solutions, today announced the introduction of GENView™, a unified operation, administration, maintenance and provisioning system for GENBAND’s portfolio of network elements. By creating a single, integrated management system for all applications, GENView provides operators one interface and one aggregated OSS connection and user experience that is efficient and intuitive. GENView effectively handles all FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, Security) aspects of GENBAND’s product portfolio. GENView is an integral part of the GENBAND GENiUS™ unified IP platform, adding further simplification and cost reduction.
“GENView is a stepping stone in the overall network transformation, convergence and optimization of service providers’ networks,” said Mehmet Balos, Chief Marketing Officer at GENBAND. “By having one umbrella management system for all major network elements, GENView significantly reduces costs and complexity, and adds tremendous value for operators as well as end users. Through more efficient management of call control, session border control and applications, as well as improved customer care resolution, GENView empowers service providers to deliver a premium user experience.”
GENView includes four differentiated capabilities for the management of network elements:
- GENView Manager – provides faults, performance, security and system configuration management
- GENView Billing –provides advanced storage, forwarding, correlation, aggregation transformation and analytic capabilities
- GENView Provisioning and Portals – enables provisioning tools and web-based portals for service provider, large enterprise, SMB, end user and endpoint provisioning
- GENView Assurance – offers tools for quality assurance including subscriber diagnostics, ticketing, workforce management and metrics
GENView provides several benefits to service providers:
- Enhances staff effectiveness by enabling faster task execution and reducing the amount of training required
- Provides faster fault detection and resolution by means of fault aggregation and a hierarchical graphical user interface that goes down to the pack level
- Simplifies billing by providing aggregation of record types and record correlation (voice, IM, data) and enables carriers to identify new sources of revenue
- Delivers greater OSS flexibility due to compatibility with all leading OSS protocols and usage of an XML data schema that allows for easy customization
- Introduces greater network security by using a centralized RADIUS authentication and single sign-on with audit and logging
“With the introduction of the GENView suite of products, GENBAND continues to strategically and aggressively add to its already comprehensive network transformation portfolio,” said Joe McGarvey, Principal Analyst with Current Analysis. “GENView is a key component of the GENiUS platform, and with that, GENBAND is reinforcing its strategy of helping service providers simplify network architecture, increase functionality and reduce costs through IP technology.”
GENBAND is a global leader of IP infrastructure solutions, enabling enterprise, service and content providers around the world to evolve communications networks through IP innovation. The Company offers market-leading Switching, Applications, Networking and Service solutions, with products deployed in over 600 customer networks spanning more than 80 countries. GENBAND is headquartered in Frisco, Texas, and has operations in 50 countries. To learn more, visit us on the web at www.GENBAND.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.