New platform will expedite the adoption of unified communications and collaboration solutions in Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 13, 2011 – Damovo, a leading provider of information and communications technology (ICT) services and solutions globally, announces the launch of a new Collaboration as a Service offer, in collaboration with Cisco. This hosted service will expedite the adoption of unified communications services in Brazil. The Collaboration as a Service offer from Damovo is based on the Cisco® Hosted Collaboration Service Architecture.
The hosted service is scheduled to be available for customers in October 2011 and will operate from two redundant data centers located in Brazil.
- Through the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Service Architecture, Damovo will provide hosted-based solutions that offer high flexibility and agility of implementation.
- By using the “as a service” approach, which takes advantage of the power of the cloud, the offer allows customers in Brazil to have access to next generation collaboration solutions without the need for heavy investments in dedicated infrastructure and to estimate the effective monthly cost.
- Additional benefits for customers include lower electricity costs, less need for physical space and the opportunity to redeploy staff, as the integrated management of services will be done by a dedicated team of Damovo experts. The company will also be in charge of installation services.
- The service delivery model also allows the client to acquire exactly the group of applications that each employee will use. A cloud solution can also enable customers to increase the number of users or sites quickly.
- New capabilities include communication between fixed and mobile phones, the use of soft clients, instant messaging and presence. It offers the capability for video calls both in and out of the office.
- A mobile unified communications client, which is designed to extend business telephony solutions to mobile phones, will also be available, enabling workers to access advanced unified communications features, whether workers are in or away from the office.
Alberto Ferreira, CEO and president of Damovo in Brazil:
“With this pioneering CaaS offer, Damovo and Cisco are bringing to market the most modern, secure and robust solutions in terms of management based on the cloud. Our unique experience in the network integration of voice, data and video allows the design of this solution, as well as its implementation and management, to be well-executed.”
Rodrigo Abreu, general manager of Cisco in Brazil:
“This project in collaboration with Damovo will allow more customers to access Cisco’s collaboration solutions from the cloud, with immediate benefits in reducing investment costs, since it does not require their own infrastructure. The model also helps ensure faster expansions and provisioning.”
A market leader in solutions and unified communications services for business customers, Damovo emerged from one of the largest technology companies in the world of communication. Damovo has played an important role in the evolution of communications technology and has distinguished itself in the market as a complete integrator.
For more information, visit: www.damovoonline.com.br
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. For information about Cisco, please visit http://www.cisco.com. For news, visit http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Adriana Bueno De SouzaCisco Systems, Inc.+55 11 5502 firstname.lastname@example.org