Comprehensive solution meets growing demand for hosted call center capabilities by enterprises of all sizes
GAITHERSBURG, MD, September 13, 2011 – BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ:BSFT, news, filings), the leading global provider of software that enables mobile, fixed-line and cable service providers to deliver real-time communications over their IP networks, today announced enhancements to its BroadWorks® Call Center solution, including enhanced reporting and new web based interfaces. These new capabilities provide telecommunications service providers with the flexibility and scalability to extend their hosted call center offering into enterprises with higher call volumes and more complex reporting requirements.
A 2011 report by analyst firm Ovum forecast an annual growth rate for hosted contact center agent positions at greater that 45% for 2011 – which presents a significant business opportunity for service providers that offer a scalable, carrier-grade hosted call center solution.
The BroadWorks Call Center solution now supports all call center environments, from a small informal workgroup or individual that needs basic call distribution, queuing, and simple reporting, to advanced distributed, wholesale and in-house call centers.
"We are excited about the new market opportunity that BroadSoft's enhanced call center solution will provide us," Philip Jones, executive director, Telstra, said. "We are currently reviewing these capabilities in our lab and look forward to adding this capacity to our existing highly successful, market leading IP telephony solution."
The recent enhancements include:
- Enhanced Reporting – broader real-time and historical performance metric capture enables call center supervisors to optimize their local or global workforce, with the use of new pre-configured, scheduled and customizable reports.
- Newly designed Web Clients – redesigned, user-friendly web interfaces enable agents to more efficiently handle calls and improve a supervisor's ability to monitor local and remote activity in order to effectively manage their call center to ensure high customer satisfaction.
"By strengthening our carrier-grade call center capabilities, communications service providers can add greater value to their existing customers and seamlessly enter new call center markets," said David Bukovsky, vice president products, BroadSoft. "We believe that call centers with globally dispersed staff can achieve significant cost savings and operational efficiency by transitioning from on-premise legacy systems to a hosted call center offering."
BroadSoft's hosted call center solution extends several benefits to enterprises, including:
- Cost Savings – Limited upfront capital investment and predictable operating expenses.
- Efficient Supervision of a Virtual Workforce – Management of multi-site, mobile and remote agents with a single, central queue.
- Operational Flexibility – Ability to quickly and efficiently handle unexpected call volume, without negatively impacting customer wait times.
- Business Continuity – Calls are queued in the telecommunications service provider's network and can be quickly and easily re-routed to alternate locations in case of service disruption.
- New Service Integration – Customized capabilities are easily integrated through the use of application programming interfaces (APIs).
"Evolve IP's Call Center offering, based on current BroadWorks functionality, was recently awarded Unified Communications Magazine Product of the Year for 2010," said Scott Kinka SVP, Network Services, Evolve IP. "We are excited to test and deploy the newest features and believe they will help to further expand our leadership position in the call center market."
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by their use of terms and phrases such as "believe," and other similar terms and phrases and include statements regarding the capabilities, and expected benefits to service providers and customers, of the enhancements to the BroadWorks Call Center solution. The outcome of the events described in these forward-looking statements is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results anticipated by these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to whether the BroadWorks Call Center solution and the enhancements thereto will be successfully adopted by service providers and result in benefit to our service provider customers and others, as well as those factors contained in the "Risk Factors" section of BroadSoft's Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 9, 2011, and in BroadSoft's other filings with the SEC. All information in this press release is as of September 13, 2011. Except as required by law, BroadSoft undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement made herein for any reason to conform the statement to actual results or changes in its expectations.
BroadSoft provides software that enables mobile, fixed-line, and cable service providers to deliver voice and multimedia services over their IP-based networks. The Company's software, BroadWorks®, enables service providers to provide enterprises and consumers with a range of cloud-based, or hosted, IP multimedia communications, such as hosted IP private branch exchanges, video calling, unified communications, collaboration and converged mobile and fixed-line services.
BroadSoft and BroadWorks are registered trademarks of BroadSoft, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 240 720 9558
+1 301 775 6203
+44 0 207 751 4444