As you would expect, our Site Operations personnel have taken additional precautionary measures to guard against interruption of customer services due to the approaching hurricane.
What are some of the measures Equinix is taking
- The generators have been tested, fuel tanks are full, levels verified, and backup fuel vendors have been placed on standby in the event of extended power interruption.
- Special arrangements have been made to make sure staff are available on site as necessary to maintain operability standards.
- We have secured hotel rooms near the sites, and have brought in cots, MREs, and other emergency supplies, should the situation become extreme.
What about flood risk?
- All East Coast IBXs are minimally several feet above flood plain.
- We have staged leak diversion kits, sandbags, tarps, vinyl sheeting, etc. with which to secure doors and windows.
- All drains and sump pumps have been verified as free from debris and in working order.
Who should I contact during the storm for updates?
- During the storm, the most effective way for customers to get updates is to call 866-EQUINIX or 866-378-4649 or email email@example.com. In case of landline outages, we have an extensive cellphone network in place to provide updates to the ERC (Equinix Response Center, as listed above.
- In case of an outage of any type, customers will be sent an Equinix Incident Notification via email with details of such outage and applicable updates to the outage resolution.
How will I know when the danger has passed?
- Equinix will send updates to customers every two hours through the Equinix Incident Notification process if and as Irene’s path indicates an IBX is within the storm’s path. Specific Incident Notifications will be sent if, and when, additional incidents arise in accordance with our standard and customary processes.
- Supplemental staff will be in place for both our sites and support teams. 1- 866-EQUINIX and firstname.lastname@example.org will be available to answer specific questions for the duration of the storm.
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ:EQIX, news, filings) connects businesses with partners and customers around the world through a global platform of high performance data centers, containing dynamic ecosystems and the broadest choice of networks. Platform Equinix connects more than 4,000 enterprises, cloud, digital content and financial companies including more than 675 network service providers to help them grow their businesses, improve application performance and protect their vital digital assets. Equinix operates in 38 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific and continually invests in expanding its platform to power customer growth. http://www.equinix.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.