San Jose, Calif. -- August 26, 2011 -- Next week at VMworld® in Las Vegas, NV, Cisco will unveil the latest networking and computing innovations to help VMware and Cisco customers to increase network scalability, infrastructure performance, and enhance their security for virtualized data center and cloud computing environments.
Where: VMworld 2011, Las Vegas, NV
When: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time
Who: Soni Jiandani, senior vice president
Server, Access, Virtualization Technology Group for Cisco
What: Super Session: "Innovating Together: How Cisco and VMware Collaborate to Build the Cloud"
During this session, Jiandani will highlight several advancements in cloud computing that simplify the management and deployment of applications in the cloud. She will also highlight a major new virtual networking technology, available in the Cisco Nexus 1000V, that enables customers to quickly and easily create virtual networks that scale to support thousands of virtual machines while increasing application performance and security in multi-tennant private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
For more information on this super session and other speaking sessions , please visit: Cisco VMworld 2011 speaking sessions where you will learn how to take your cloud plans to the next level. To attend this session, add session SUP1010 to your VMworld schedule.
Also at Cisco's booth (#700), the company will demonstrate the latest Cisco and VMware joint cloud solutions. These solutions include:
- New Cisco Unified Computing System advancements for cloud infrastructures
- New Cisco Nexus 1000V virtual switching solutions that support VMware's vSphere and vCloud Director.
- New Cisco virtual ASA firewall that protects multi-tenant data centers and cloud environments
- New scalable and media rich desktop virtualization solutions
- Social Media: Follow the latest news from Cisco throughout VMworld 2011 via the Data Center and Cloud Blog or engage via social media download apps for your iPhone or Andriod phone
- Cisco Speaker Sessions at VMworld 2011: For more information Cisco speaking sessions, please visit: Cisco VMworld speaking sessions.
Cisco, (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. This document is Cisco Public Information.
- Pamela FerrillCisco Systems, Inc.408 firstname.lastname@example.org