New York, NY – NTT America, a global infrastructure services provider and wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, today announced the company will join NTT Communications in a Platinum sponsorship of the CIO Perspectives Series. With a local Point-of-Presence, NTT America directly connects Boston-based companies to major markets around the world via NTT Communications Arcstar™ global MPLS and Ethernet networks. NTT America executives will be available onsite to share the company’s vision and initiatives.
CIO Perspectives is a series of one-day senior executive events for IT leaders, held annually in nine major cities around the country and produced by CIO Magazine and the CIO Executive Council. An invitation-only gathering, CIOs from mid- to large-sized companies come together for a mix of presentations, workshops, panels and networking with their peers. The agenda is created by an advisory board of Fortune 1000 CIOs, ensuring that these events are focused on the business and technology issues enterprise CIOs find most valuable. The Boston event will be held Wednesday, July 20 at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, 39 Dalton Street. To qualify to attend, CIOs and IT department staff are invited to submit a registration form at https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/24044/35623/?&.
Key Product/Service Highlights
· NTT is the largest telecommunications company in Asia, and is the second largest in the world.
· NTT Communications is a leader in global networking, providing over 100,000 MPLS ports around the world. The company leads quality improvement initiatives in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond, working closely with global carrier partners through the Arcstar Carrier Forum, an ongoing access and operational quality improvement program.
· The NTT Communications global backbone architecture has been designed with full redundancy and automatic reroute to support mission critical data, voice and video applications.
· NTT Communications can provide support for complex customer routing environments. Static, BGP and EIGRP routing options are available between CE and PE routers, as well as support for load sharing and redundancy designs.
· NTT Communications provides a mature platform for the integration and quality of service (QoS) management of voice, video and data through the company’s 7-class Priority Control Service (PCS), adhering to industry standards for classification, congestion management, queuing and end-to-end delivery of IP packet data.
· The Arcstar Global IP-VPN service features Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for restoration time, outage notification, on-time delivery, transmission delay, availability and data delivery ratio. SLAs are also enhanced with the use of QoS; prioritized traffic will receive a higher SLA commitment.
· NTT Communications also offers optional managed router services including global procurement, configuration, installation, monitoring and maintenance of customer premise devices used to connect to the MPLS service. All locations are not required to have managed CPE, giving customers the flexibility to mix and match these deployments wherever needed, effectively filling gaps in remote IT presence while keeping control where IT expertise is available. NTT Communications manages both the router and the circuit.
· The Arcstar Global IP-VPN service supports native IP Multicast over a managed network. The standard implementation offers PIM-SM (sparse mode) and PIM-SSM (source specific multicast). Use of multicast can be determined on a per port basis.
· NTT Communications’ web-based Traffic Reporting Service provides Arcstar MPLS customers with network utilization, performance information (latency, packet loss, jitter, etc.), service outage information and trouble ticket resolutions via a web portal anywhere and anytime.
“Boston is one of the key business centers in the United States, and many of the institutions in the metro area have or are developing operations and key partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region. NTT America brings a unique combination of dedicated connections and an unparalleled knowledge of the Asian market. Our strengths in public and private networks, enterprise cloud computing and managed security services deliver the solutions enterprises need to expand their businesses,” said Michael DeVito, vice president of enterprise solutions for NTT America’s Enterprise Solutions Business Unit
· NTT Communications Corporation Website
· NTT America Website
· NTT America MPLS IP-VPN Webpage
· NTT America Global Ethernet Webpage
· NTT America Private Line Webpage
· NTT America Transpacific Low Latency Webpage
· NTT America Global IT Webpage
· NTT Communications Global IP Network Map Webpage
· IDG Research’s “Strategies for Asia-Pacific Expansion” Whitepaper (PDF)
· CIO Perspectives Boston Website
Join NTT America on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NTTAMERICA, follow NTT America on Twitter at @NTT_America and LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ntt-america for up-to-date news and announcements.
NTT America welcomes press, analysts, bloggers and other interested parties to use and reference our content with proper attribution, for example “source: NTT Communications.”
NTT, NYSE NTT, NTT Communications, NTT Com, NTT America, Arcstar, MPLS, IPVPN, Ethernet, Global Ethernet, Private Network, Boston, CIO, Cloud, Security, Transpacific, Asia, AsiaPac, Asia-Pac, QoS, SLA, CIO Magazine, CIO Perspectives Series
About NTT America
NTT America is North America’s natural gateway to the Asia-Pacific region, with strong capabilities in the U.S. market. NTT America is the U.S. subsidiary of NTT Communications Corporation, the global data and IP services arm of a Fortune Global 500 telecom leader: Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corporation (NTT). NTT America provides world-class Enterprise Hosting, managed network, and IP networking services for enterprise customers and service providers worldwide. For additional information on NTT America, visit us on the Web at www.us.ntt.com.
About NTT Communications Corporation
NTT Communications provides a broad range of global networks, management solutions and IT services to customers worldwide. The company is renowned for reliable, high-quality security, hosting, voice, data and IP services, as well as expertise in managed networks and leadership in IPv6 transit technology. NTT Communications’ extensive infrastructure includes Arcstar Global IP-VPN and Global e-VLAN, as well as a Tier 1 IP backbone reaching more than 150 countries in partnership with major Internet service providers, and secure data centers in Asia, North America and Europe. NTT Communications is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, one of the world’s largest telecoms with listings on the Tokyo, London and New York stock exchanges.
Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html.
NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2011 NTT Communications
NTT America Contact:
NTT America Media Contact:
Subudhi Consulting Group, Inc.
Agency of Record for NTT America