It’s time to ditch the bulky directories and printed flyers. With AT&T Campus Guide, on-the-go students, faculty, alumni and staff can access campus information right on their smartphones. Community members can check out upcoming events, catch up on university sports scores and read course materials – all without skipping a beat in their busy schedules.
AT&T* is the first carrier to offer this type of mobile platform, an affordable, leading-edge technology for higher education institutions. The AT&T Campus Guide app, which users can download for free, works with any service provider and on most major mobile operating systems. AT&T is working with DubMeNow, a pioneer in mobilizing higher education, to bring AT&T Campus Guide to schools all over the country.
Colleges and universities using AT&T Campus Guide can customize the app, adding school colors and banners to make it their own. And with its quick and easy set-up, AT&T Campus Guide is ready to go in a matter of weeks rather than months.
AT&T Campus Guide offers nine different features:
- Courses: Students can connect with classmates and professors in real-time using AT&T Campus Guide, viewing grades, assignments, announcements and detailed class information.
- Events: Wondering when the next big game is? Not sure when exams start? The events calendar on AT&T Campus Guide provides important dates and times for campus happenings.
- Directory: Search and browse contact information and connect with other students and faculty, without paging through a campus phonebook.
- Maps: Freshmen, visiting students and alumni will particularly appreciate campus maps and turn-by-turn directions between buildings.
- Notifications: Timely notifications announce school cancellations and remind students about overdue library books, tuition payments and more.
- News: Find the latest campus news, sports scores and Tweets – all in one place.
- Friends: An always up-to-date and backed-up address book of all students’ classmates, friends and campus contacts. Any time students lose or replace their phones, they can just reinstall the AT&T Campus Guide app to their new phones and all of their contacts are restored.
- My Card: Students can easily share their customizable contact information to keep in touch with their friends, classmates, potential employers, alumni and advisors..
- Info: Looking for more information? Click on Info for miscellaneous details about campus.
“Students gravitate toward schools that have the best resources, the best technology,” said Chris Hill, Vice President, Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. “They’re mobile and they’re looking for colleges and universities that are mobile too. AT&T Campus Guide supports community engagement and communication in a comprehensive and cost-effective manner.”
“More than 600 schools currently license our platform to connect, inform and engage their students and campus communities,” said Manoj Ramnani, CEO of DubMeNow. “With nearly 4,000 U.S. colleges and universities eager to catch up on mobile, the AT&T Campus Guide application gives campus leaders an effective way to draw students’ interest. Our mobile platform, which powers AT&T Campus Guide, offers advanced integration, configuration, management and administration features in a complete solution.”
AT&T will begin pre-selling AT&T Campus Guide on July 29th. Schools that participate in the pilot period (July 29th through September 29th) will receive the application free of charge until October 1st.
AT&T is dedicated to supporting education with products and services that help institutions improve productivity both in and out of the classroom. In addition, AT&T’s University Advantage Program provides tailored contracts and discounts for colleges and universities.
For more information on AT&T Campus Guide, visit: http://go-att.us/CampusGuide.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T, news, filings) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.