Guests Can Utilize Their Wi-Fi-Enabled Devices for More Interactive and Personalized Experiences at Events
SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - 07/06/11) - Furthering its leadership in networking and telecommunications, Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO - News) today introduced new solutions to help sports and entertainment venues and service providers enhance wireless bandwidth and performance in high-density areas while monetizing the delivery of personalized mobile experiences.
Cisco's Connected Sports solutions are networking the sports and entertainment industry to deliver rich and interactive experiences pervasively to fans anytime, anywhere.
Cisco Connected Stadium Wi-Fi is the industry's first Wi-Fi solution specifically designed for large high-density environments such as stadiums and arenas. The tailored solution provides a single, highly secure wireless network that extends real-time, reliable access to mobile applications and services simultaneously to the thousands of fans congregating in these venues, while creating new business opportunities for teams, venue owners and operators.
As the use of smartphone and other Wi-Fi-enabled mobile devices continue to rise, guests in attendance at games and other events are seeking a reliable and consistent mobility experience. Cisco Connected Stadium Wi-Fi provides high-capacity, blanket Wi-Fi coverage on a converged and customizable network for all persons in attendance at the event, including employees, back office and press operations.
New Wi-Fi Networking Innovations for High-Density Environments
- The Aironet 3500p is Cisco's first purpose-built access point specifically designed to meet the performance and aesthetic needs of high-density environments.
- This new access point optimizes performance through a high-density directional antenna and special configuration that allows precise focus of the wireless airwaves into a concentrated area.
- Cisco Aironet 3500p has customizable settings that tailor the solution to operate effectively in the unique configurations of sports and entertainment venues. Further, the flat-panel design of the antenna easily blends into these highly visual environments.
- Cisco Aironet's CleanAir technology minimizes wireless interference by detecting and avoiding other wireless traffic in the area, improving performance and reliability. This results in a significant increase in Wi-Fi coverage and capacity for mobile devices, opening the door to next-generation fan experiences offered by teams, leagues, venues and service providers.
Customized and Personalized Mobile Experiences for Guests
- Cisco Connected Stadium Wi-Fi allows service providers to more effectively offload video and data traffic onto a Wi-Fi network in high-density environments, delivering enhanced mobile experiences to fans and innovative new revenue opportunities for sports properties and venue operators.
- For sports and entertainment properties, this solution offers the ability to utilize a single Wi-Fi network for all wireless needs, providing reliable coverage that helps offer a more customized and mobile experience for fans.
- Venue specific offerings, such as video replays, loyalty programs, event statistics and information and logistics, and food and beverage purchases can be used to engage fans in new ways, translating into revenue growth potential.
High-Density Wi-Fi Beyond Arenas and Stadiums
- Cisco continues its industry leadership with its role in the development of the Hotspot 2.0 standard aimed at providing an industry standard for highly secure and seamless Wi-Fi authentication and roaming.
- Cisco and partners expect to scale Next Generation Hotspot technology with participation in global trials started by the Wireless Broadband Alliance this month, based on the Wi-Fi Certified Hotspot program announced in March.
- Robb Heineman, CEO, Sporting Club
"We want to offer our fans the highest quality connectivity to their mobile devices while attending our games, while also offering them compelling services that enrich their overall experience. By deploying the new Connected Stadium Wi-Fi solution we were able to eliminate congestion on 3G/4G networks, allowing us to provide innovative services and unique experiences to our fans and ultimately improve ticket sales."
- David Holland, general manager and senior vice president of Sports and Entertainment Solutions Group, Cisco
"Cisco is proud to work with forward thinking brands such as Sporting Club to bring a unique and technologically advanced experience for fans through flexible and customizable networking solutions. The Connected Stadium Wi-FI solution aims to meet the unique needs of today's passionate fans at live events by providing a reliable and consistent mobility experience. We believe this solution will truly transform the fan experience and help fuel significant growth opportunities."
- Ray Smets, vice president and general manager, Wireless Networking business unit, Cisco
"Cisco continues its industry leadership in wireless networking technology with the Aironet 3500p Access Point with CleanAir technology, which was created with the intent to provide the unique performance and aesthetic needs of high-density environments. We are excited to work with world-class venues and service providers to create secure and reliable Wi-Fi experiences."
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco Sports & Entertainment
- Follow Cisco on Twitter: @CiscoSystems
- Like Cisco on Facebook
- Sporting Kansas City
- LIVESTRONG Sporting Park
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO - News) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.