BUENOS AIRES, Argentina July 7, 2011 – The Argentinean bank Banco Supervielle has implemented the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture to adjust and speed its processes, improve productivity and reduce costs. This adoption has allowed the financial entity to unify its communications without affecting workflows or losing contact with customers, and to keep its banking services active for users at any time.
Banco Supervielle deployed wireless connection solutions, electronic signs, solutions for remote access and teleworking tools, helping to assure business continuity and productivity gains in a safe environment, from any device.
The Cisco Borderless Network Architecture has enabled the company to respond more efficiently to the new demands of the market. Since the implementation, the company has made decisions faster and has achieved an important cost reduction and a general integration, which optimizes the processes of the bank, with great benefit to its customers.
- The implementation of Borderless Networks solutions was completed in 60 days, minimizing costs for the financial entity and accelerating the startup of the new bank branches.
- The Cisco Borderless Network Architecture allowed the integration of voice, data and video in the network. In this way, these solutions allow access from different devices, from any geographic location. For Banco Supervielle, this meant an important reduction in costs at a national level.
- More than 3,000 employees of the bank are already collaborating all over the country through Cisco Borderless Networks solutions.
- After having integrated its networks internally, the financial entity continued implementing solutions which directly benefit the bank customers, allowing them, for example, to have more reliable and safer home banking services.
- Logicalis was the Cisco Gold Certified Partner in charge of this implementation.
How does the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture help?
With the new requirements of business environments, in which mobility, security and the demand of the networks to support contents like video are more frequent, having robust architectures is essential. These are some of the characteristics of the Cisco Borderless Networks:
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) discriminates between the devices of an organization and the ones belonging to personal users; it automates security within the organization with access policies applied to the network and encryption; and it simplifies IT operations allowing definitions of policies that reflect the rules of the business based on user, device, application and location.
- Cisco Prime™ for Enterprise allows IT departments to more efficiently manage their networks and network services. It is built on a base of attributes of central service and a set of common operating services. It offers users convergent administration and access to wired and wireless networks.
- Cisco medianet solutions enable the network and the video endpoints to exchange information and automatically optimize configuration and performance. They deliver improved network visibility for video with real-time monitoring, an accelerated troubleshooting solution, evaluation prior to deployment, and better decision-making related to the network.
- Cisco ISR G2 integrated video conferencing optimizes the quality of video communications for branch offices, reducing wide area network traffic for the video applications of branch offices.
- Cisco Medianet Readiness Assessment Service assesses a customer's network infrastructure and its ability to successfully support rich media.
Claudio Ercolessi, information technology coordinator manager, Banco Supervielle
"With Cisco Borderless Networks we provide a collaborative environment to our employees, reach a greater efficiency and security in our processes, and deliver a better experience to our customers."
Norberto Padin, vertical solutions architect, Cisco Latin America
"The bank needed a highly available and safe network for the kinds of services and information they handle. The security solutions within the Cisco Borderless Network Architecture gave the financial entity the necessary backup."
To know more (links):
About Banco Supervielle
Supervielle was created after the fusion between Banco Banex and Societe Generale. This results in a banking structure of great complementation in the operating and geographical areas. With coverage in the provinces of Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Mendoza, Santa Fe and San Luis, it adds more than 120 branches between Banks and payment centers for pensioners. With well focused business units, it has excellent results in terms of efficiency and profitability. For more information about Banco Supervielle please visit: http://www.supervielle.com.ar
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to newsroom.cisco.com/latam. Cisco equipment in emerging markets is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Celeste WeissbeinCisco Systems, Inc.+54 11 4341 email@example.com