New Service Offered on a Regional Scale
PRAGUE, Czech Republic, and WARSAW, Poland – June 21, 2011 – Cisco today announced that GTS Central Europe (GTS CE), a leading provider of integrated telecommunications solutions and data center services in Central and Eastern Europe, has deployed the Cisco Unified Computing SystemTMas its new server platform for provisioning cloud-based infrastructure services.
Using the Cisco platform, GTS CE can now provide processing, storage, networks and other computing infrastructure resources for its customers. The Cisco Unified Computing System has also enabled GTS CE to virtualize its data centerarchitecture and easily scale its business for future requirements.
A new products group, called GTS Virtual Hosting, offers businesses the ability to precisely and dynamically select, allocate and move computing resources when and where they are needed. This represents a radical change in how computing and storage resources are implemented and funded.
The new services will be offered for GTS CE's customers in the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia. Depending on the chosen option, clients can control operating systems, applications and programming frameworks, and do not need to directly manage the infrastructure itself. The company's Virtual Private Server offering is positioned for smaller businesses, whilst the Virtual Hosting Environment is offered for large enterprises and public sector organizations.
Key Facts / Highlights
- The Cisco Unified Computing System is an evolutionary architecture that bridges the silos in the data center by using the network as the platform for uniting computational, network, storage access and virtualization resources into a single system.
- As part of the end-to-end Cisco® architecture deployed at its Prague- and Warsaw-based data centers, GTS CE implemented Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers. The servers are able to address fluctuating workload challenges through a varying balance of processing, memory, I/O and internal storage resources and thus help reduce total cost of ownership and increase business agility.
- In addition to the Cisco Unified Computing System, GTS implemented Cisco Nexus® 2000 Series Fabric Extenders to provide connectivity for the rack servers, as well as Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches. Working in conjunction with Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches, the fabric extenders deliver cost-effective, highly scalable Gigabit Ethernet environments.
- Routing is provided by the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers, whilst security is enabled by Cisco ASA 5500 and 5800 Series Adaptive Security Appliances.
- GTS CE combines Cisco's Data Center and Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network products to create the Cisco Unified Service Delivery platform. GTS CE differentiates itself in the services it provides with greater efficiency and capabilities inside, between and outside the data centers. Cisco Unified Service Delivery fuses computational, storage, application and LAN resources virtually through an intelligent unified fabric.
- Alef Nula, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner and Data Center Unified Computing Authorized Technology Providerin the Czech Republic, provided the end-to-end design, deployment and system integration.
- Ignacio Irurita, chief technology officer, GTS CE
"We have developed a winning proposition for our customers. Our network footprint, together with our data centers and the unifiedcomputing platforms, are the right infrastructure to offer cloud-based services. Our customer base has an increasing demand for computing services that we can satisfy through end-to-end service management, offering the world-class quality they require."
- Craig Taylor, managing director, Cisco Emerging Markets East
" Two years after the initial launch of the Cisco Unified Computing System, we see many of our customers in Central and Eastern Europe deploying it across a variety of sectors and businesses. GTS CE's implementation is a great example of using the inherent flexibility of this platform as a foundation for new cloud-based services. The network platform enables rapid, highly secure and flexible deployment of cloud capabilities."
Tags, Keywords: GTS CE, Cisco, Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, virtualization, UCS
RSS Feed for Cisco:http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About GTS CE
GTS Central Europe is a leading provider of integrated telecommunications services in Central and Eastern Europe. GTS owns and operates an extensive fiber optic and data center network throughout the region. In the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia, the company combines its regional footprint with deep local networks to deliver a broad range of services. From basic voice and data to complex virtual private networks and managed data center services, GTS assembles the latest technology with its extensive network to provide industry-leading customer solutions. With a rich operating history of nearly 20 years in CEE, the company is committed to providing service excellence and value to its 30,000 government, carrier and business customers. GTS is owned by a consortium of leading international private equity firms with extensive experience in the communications and technology industries. For more information, please visit us at www.gtsce.com.
About Alef Nula
Alef Nula is one of the leading Cisco Partners in Central/Eastern Europe with offices in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary. Being the largest authorized Cisco and Ironport Specialized Distributor in Central and Eastern Europe, Alef Nula can revert to a strong background in high-end networking, unified communication, collaboration and other Core and Advanced Technologies.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in the Czech Republic is provided by Cisco International Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Judit SinkoCisco Systems, Inc.+36 1 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Matthew HardwickCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 8824 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Sharon RobinsonCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 email@example.com