One of the Largest Banks in Russia Installs Cisco Network-Based Digital Signage Application at Its Moscow Office
MOSCOW – June 13, 2011 –Cisco today announced that the Bank of Moscow, one of the largest banks in Russia, has deployed Cisco® Digital Signs, a network-based digital signage application, to deliver entertaining and informational content to reduce perceived wait times. The bank became the first in Russia to take this technology on board. The project was implemented by AMT GROUP, a Cisco Gold Certified Partner in Russia.
In the Bank of Moscow, Cisco Digital Signs is used to inform clients about bank services and exchange rates as well as to broadcast advertisements and entertaining video clips. The screens also illustrate queuing. In addition, Cisco Digital Signs is used for interactive kiosks with touch control, which help clients receive various types of information on their own.
The Bank of Moscow plans to deploy Cisco Digital Signs in other branches.
Key Facts / Highlights:
- The Cisco Digital Signs technology was introduced on the Russian market three years ago. It allows deploying a unified and centralized customer service system throughout all branches of an enterprise. Information on the screens is updated simultaneously according to a schedule that takes into account the most effective use of existing communications channels. Thus, banks can broadcast information to branches in near-real time, which facilitates the sales of banking services.
- Cisco Digital Signs panels are part of the Cisco Digital Media Suite range of products. Cisco DMS is a full-scale solution for the creation of digital media content, for content management, and for access to digital signage screens and desktop video systems. Digital signage technology allows the control and demonstration of digital media content on large screens connected to a network.
- By now, Cisco Digital Signs is used by more than 3,000 customers in 85 countries, including more than half of the 20 largest banks of the world.
- Vladimir Mishugin, managing IT director, the Bank of Moscow:
"We have been using Cisco routers, switches and information security systems in the Bank of Moscow for 15 years now. Recently, the advanced Cisco Digital Signs has also become indispensable. Due to this technology, our clients have access to the latest financial information displayed on HD panels. The centralized technology allows very swift and efficient content management (mostly advertising content) in points of sale, with a specific sales focus. Thus, we can convey the product range and product details to clients in a faster and more efficient way, which eventually gives a competitive edge to our bank. In addition, the use of digital panels enables more comfortable waiting for clients."
- Andrei Kouzmitch, director of system engineering, Cisco Russia:
"Cisco digital signage solutions are broadly deployed all over the world across a variety of industries, and we are really proud to announce an additional customer – the first bank in Russia that started to reap the benefits of Cisco technology. This project helped us to build up a successful model of Cisco digital signage deployment that can be used in different banks and branches across Russia."
Tags, Keywords: Russia, Cisco, Cisco Digital Signs, Cisco Digital Media Suite (DMS)
RSS Feed for Cisco:http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
About the Bank of Moscow
The Bank (www.bm.ru) is one of the leading universal banks in Russia that offers a diversified range of financial services both to corporate clients and private customers.
Currently the Bank of Moscow provides services to over 100,000 corporate and over 9 million private customers. Among its corporate clients are major enterprises of various sectors of economy.
The Bank of Moscow's high reliability has been confirmed by international rating agencies. The Bank's long-term credit rating has been affirmed at Baa2 by Moody's Investors Service and at BBB - by Fitch Ratings.
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Russia is supplied through its authorized channel partners by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
- Alexander PalladinCisco Systems, Inc.+7 495 email@example.com
Investor Relations Contacts
- Matthew HardwickCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 8824 firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Analyst Relations
- Sharon RobinsonCisco Systems, Inc.+44 20 email@example.com