Enhanced Solutions Offerings with High Power Multi-Band DAS for Coverage and Capacity Expansion aimed at Wireless Network Operators
LAS VEGAS, 23 May 2011 - Comba Telecom Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Limited (“Comba” or “the Group”, Hong Kong stock code: 2342), a leading wireless enhancement solutions provider announced the launch of its next generation of distributed antenna system (DAS) solutions for the North America market. The DAS was unveiled today at the American Conference Institute’s 4th Annual DAS Congress held at Las Vegas, May 23-25.
The new generation of DAS supports up to 6 independent inputs: 700MHz, 850MHz, 1900MHz, 2100MHz, 700MHz MIMO, 2100MHz MIMO in a single system and is optimally designed for ease of installation with a small footprint and sealed to weather all environmental conditions.
In addition to maintaining the customary high degree of flexibility to optimize CAPEX and OPEX, the new generation of Comba’s point-to-multipoint DAS is a RF-over-fiber solution that expands wireless network coverage and capacity through extension of cellular services from existing cell sites for both indoor and outdoor applications.
In comparison with traditional network architectures, operators deploying Comba’s DAS for new or additional networks will eliminate the need for replacing existing fiber and antenna systems. The modular nature of the DAS means that wireless network operators are able to effortlessly expand the reach of their voice and data services with multiple DAS rather than the deploying additional base stations, thus allowing the system to easily accommodate growing capacity and coverage demands on the network. Therefore, the deployment of DAS can help the operator to realize efficiencies in CAPEX and OPEX compared to traditional network architecture.
Mr. David Luo, Deputy Director of Comba’s Wireless Enhancement solutions division said, “This latest generation of DAS solutions is the result of intensive development from our California and China R&D centers. They are effective point-to-multipoint solutions that provides effective coverage enhancement from single buildings to shopping malls, sports arenas to city centers and beyond. We will continue to build on these efforts and bring more value-added offerings to our customers over the coming year.”
Mr. Augustin Chang, General Manager of Comba Telecom Inc. said, “We are delighted to bring this new iteration of DAS solutions to North America. With its commercial availability and compelling value propositions, we are optimistic of market acceptance from the general wireless network operator community.”
DAS Product Features
• Supports multi-operator, multi-system application
• Supports all major technologies GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, AWS, and LTE
• Fully compatible with both Indoor and outdoor applications
• Supports all major modulations in mixed mode with high efficiency and linear MCPA up to 40W per frequency band (tri-band DAS model)
• Compliant with 3GPP & FCC standards • Scalable - grows with the network and extendable up to 6 bands
• Remote control facilities with web based browser over LAN
• System alerts delivered to network operations center or standard EMS system through SNMP
• Software-controlled output power
• Optical link auto gain control
• Fully sealed remote unit for maintenance-free electronics for harsh outdoor applications
Photo : The Comba Multi-Band High Power DAS